6.29.2010

[.g-mas & g-pas.]

This last weekend was finally a little laid back.  We went to my g-ma and g-pa Hamblin's to celebrate my cousins birthday and have a BBQ.  Quite honestly I think we have hamburgers about 80% of the  nights during the summer.  Seriously this is how the conversation goes, "what we gonna plan for dinner?" ... "Oh let's just have a BBQ and have hamburgers and hot dogs."  Not to mention working at Paces 2 nights a week doesn't add any variety.  So yes, there are a TON of BBQ's.  Anyway, Lance and I ended up staying with Jake and Jenna talking with the g-parents for a few hours.  Around 10:00 we decided to go bowling.  Can I just say, that I am becoming absolutely horrible at bowling.  I at least used to have some luck and would break 100!  Now it just seems that my ball is magnetically attracted to that dang gutter.  I'm pretty sure I finally broke 100 half way through the second game!  Sheesh!  Once we all finished our games we went to get ice cream and red box.  We ended up renting The Karate Kid to go back to the house and watch.  But really, we were all too tired and just wanted to go to bed.
The  next day Lance and I made it to church for once (in a couple months).  Lance and I decided that since the 6th absent week is usually considered the in-activation mark we probably should go since we were actually able to this time.  I kinda feel bad that each time we come back all the teachers rave about how much they love it when we are there.
Is it really that bad when we aren't?
But then it also makes me feel good to know that we are at least wanted/needed/loved by the nursery.

After church we went up to my parents to mooch some food and mooch their washer and dryer, then headed to my other g-ma and g-pa Neilson's to visit and talk to my uncle Griff.  The one thing (out of the many) that I look forward to when going to their house on Sunday's is that my gma always makes everyone a shake of their choice.  I always just choose to have a chocolate shake and love it every time!  We ended up staying a few hours chatting.  Usually when leaving their house I'm stocked up on some sort of fruit or vegetable (grapefruits, strawberry jam, cucumbers, etc.), this time I was handed a huge back of sugar snap peas! Mm!!  Except instead of leaving with them this time, I sat and ate almost the whole bag before we left!  They invited Lance and I to go to Taggarts Grill with them tonight, I've never heard of it but I must say I am very excited!

0 {leave some love}: