6.30.2010

[.so what? maybe I'm a little OCD.]

I have always known this about myself, but have come to the conclusion that this little obsession may be somewhat out of hand.  Well, actually I know it's out of hand when I look forward to working my night shift at paces just to have my drink!  Let me explain, and you tell me, OCD or just crazy?

I get to work, wash my hands and fill my normal cup half way full with the best crushed ice and water.
I drink it all.
Get a 12 oz "kiddy" cup and fill it half full of ice.
Then I proceed to cover that ice with vanilla, so that it soaks perfectly into the crushed ice.
After that, I take one bite of ice with just vanilla on it.
(Oh I know, sounds disgusting, but it's probably my favorite part)
Once I've eaten my one piece of ice I fill the cup 3/4 with Diet Dr. Pepper.
And because I can't go all diet I finish it up with 1/4 regular Dr. Pepper.
Then I take a spoon and eat my drink.
...Do not bother me, I'm in heaven!...
Once I'm done with my bit of perfectness I throw away the cup and spoon and get some more water..


I realized how absolutely ridiculous this was of me when I once asked my slave friend Sarah (whom was up front and not so busy) to get me my drink.


Oh you better believe she got me my drink alright.
I took only half a sip,
"Sarah!? Is this diet?"
"Serious Ken?  Okay fine, give it back!"
(I hand her my drink, she fills it and hands me my drink again)
"Thanks my love!"
(I take another sip of my diet dp)
"Sarah?  Did you put vanilla in it?"
"Are you kidding me Kendra?  No, give it back and I"ll put some in, but only because I love you and want to make you happy!"
She took my drink again and added the vanilla.
I seriously almost went up front and made it myself because the vanilla went in after the soda, and wasn't able to soak into the ice.
But I didn't want to seem that crazy.
So I kindly and sarcastically said, "thank you slave" and went back to work attempting to try and love my only somewhat perfectness.
Crazy?
I don't think so, just something to keep me happy through the night when working with idiots my lovely paces people.

1 {leave some love}:

Brandon and Alexa Leishman said...

I love that story! And that really actually sounds kinda good... I wish I was a soda drinker.. Reading this makes me miss it!!