7.06.2010

[.what feels good today may hurt tomorrow.]


For the 4th of July weekend Lance and I went up with his family to our S.I.L Kamie's [family's] cabin in Bear Lake.
Could you tell it was a holiday weekend??
This was just one of the many long trains of boats and trailers on their way to Bear Lake.


We arrived and put our stuff into Tim and Kamie's trailer then went to Coopers with Matt & Tori and Diet & Myrna for dinner.
I think the waitress may have just been starting this job because she seemed a bit flustered.  But luckily for her she was dealing with the Fischer's and hopefully wasn't too embarrassed.
After dinner we went back and relaxed on the deck by the fire.
Sara and Derek have just had their baby Eli and so immediately I wanted to hold him!  I held him for about 10 or 15 minutes and Lance asked to hold him.
[right after he gave up Eli, Lance turned to me and said, "if you get to hold him tomorrow, will you give him to me?"]
I thought it was so dang cute.

 The next day, the boys
 [and Tori]
got up to go compete in the Bear Lake West golf tournament.
Everyone Mostly everyone (sorry Diet) in their group
won something.  Lance used the money he won to get himself a golf shirt.
While that was going on, "Super Aunt" Kamie had planned fun treasure hunts for the kids or as they called themselves the "buccaneers".
Claire, Amanie, Harlie and Brad beginning their quest.
Trying to stay away from the sharks and alligators!
(or at least off the ant hills)
Amanie, Brad, Claire and Harlie dressed up after finding some of their treasure.

On Sunday morning I went outside to put some things away in the trailer.  Lance and Claire were over on the side deck looking at monsters and deer in the mountains.
[if you look closely Claire is looking through the binoculars backwards - no wonder the bush looked like a monster, it was so far away]


Lance and I went for a drive to the lake later that day and then stood in line for 20 minutes to get raspberry shakes.
(i really wish i would have gotten cookie dough or something)
Later that night the men in the group started playing with the kid toys.  They usually find some sort of way to entertain themselves.
Well I can't even think about what these things are called..
It has two "launchers" and a ball - you put the ball in the launcher and throw it to the other person to try and make it in their launcher.
Yeah, no idea what's it's called, nor could I find a picture to describe it.  Well anyway, the boys got in trouble for throwing the ball to each other so, being the rebels they are they decided to take Claire's baby doll and start using that as the new ball.  They actually became quite talented and it was very entertaining to watch.


On Monday the boys set up another tee time.  I decided to go with them this time and ride along in the cart since I'm no good;)

 ...looking for tim's ball...

lance.tim.gerry
.such a pretty course.


Once we were finished we headed back to the cabin to grab a quick bite of lunch before heading back home.


Thank you Tim and Kamie for letting us barge in your trailer, and thank you Karen and Gerry for letting us sabotage your cabin!  I really hope we're invited back again! 

1 {leave some love}:

Sara said...

It was a fun and crazy weekend. I want copies of the pictures that you took if I can get them on a CD that would be great!