7.19.2010

[.a long day.]

I woke up early Saturday morning to go watch my little brother and sister for the day while my mom was at work and my step-dad went golfing.
Lance went into work on Saturday so I was there to fend for myself.
I was also going to try and take some pictures of ty and brooke later that day to update the pictures for our grandparents.
Well, if any of you know Brooklyn, I'm sure you know it was a chore to try and get her to wear anything new (and cute) and to do her hair anything other than a ponytail on the top of her head.
Well I convinced her into just wearing it down with a clip and that'd have to do.
Although I had so many ideas running through my head, with braids and curls, whatever.  I am convinced she'll never let me treat her like a real sister and do her hair 5 different times a day.
Anyway..After I made them breakfast and did some cleaning, I took some time to play the piano for a good hour.  I always miss playing.  So whenever I can find the chance to play while I'm at my parents house, I will.
Lance got off work and came up to help me take their pictures.
There was no stinking way I was going to try and handle both of these kidlets by myself, in a huge park, with strangers everywhere, while trying to get a decent picture.
Lance was very helpful keeping ty close by, so I am glad he was willing to come help!
As we were finishing up a lady (from all the stories she told me I'm assuming she was probably in her late 40's) came up to me while I was trying to snap some photos of the two of them together.  She came to Lance and I and said,
"How wonderful!  Children actually outside and not sitting in from of the television or computer or games all day long."
As she was telling me this, Tyden walked right up to her and kept asking "what's your name?" while patting her stomach.  She kept talking to me and wouldn't answer his question.  So he'd hit harder trying to get her to answer his question.  Lance went up to grab him away from patting her and told her sorry and that he was autistic so he doesn't understand what he's doing sometimes.
Still ignoring his question she began a series of stories that began with her autistic nephew.  This was the beginning of a 20 minute long conversation with a stranger where I learned that her brother died when he was 17, 4 of her 7 children are living (which, she started crying when telling me this and I had no idea to comfort her), her sister survived a fatal accident and has been in a wheelchair for 3/4 her life and that her first marriage lasted for 23 years.  Toward the end of this conversation listening to her stories she mentioned how God provides paths for each and every person and that times are definitely hard but our God and family and friends are always there to support us.
She ended with this,
"but you would already know all of this being a mother to a little girl and an autistic child".
GOODNESS!  HOW OLD DO I LOOK?!
Immediately I responded, "Ooohh!!!!  They are not my children!  They are my brother and sister!"
She said back, "Well, you're doing a very good job, exactly how many years difference between the three of you?"


"She is 5, he is 6, and I am 21 and that is my husband"


"Well, for your age you are very mature, I would have expected you to be their parents"


So.. Do I take this as a compliment or an insult, I'm not quite sure yet.


Besides that, we finished up with pictures cause it was as hot as a flippin sauna outside and let them play on the playground for a minute before heading back home.
..Here are a few of the pics I took..
 it was kinda difficult at this park because there were so many shadows but. . .i tried
I can't decide which ones are my favorite yet
 ____________________________

Once we got back Lance asked if I wanted to ride the bike up to Randy and Jenny's for the night.  I wasn't planning anything else so it sounded like a good idea to me.

We hopped on the bike in the million degree weather and off we went to Richmond.


They had just got a new pup that day so we were excited to see her.
Her name is Molly.
She is a black weimer reiner lab mix.
She is adorable
and I might steal her.
She fit perfectly in our saddlebag and I was almost sure of it I was going to take her home.
But I couldn't do that,
it'd hurt Brad and Claire's feelings,
so I'll just dream of having my own one day.
Tim and Kamie showed up shortly after us,
we had yummy burritos for dinner and then later sat by the fire pit to eat s'mores.
Lance and I woke up early to leave in order to miss the awful heat stroke I probably would have got if it was any later.
Thanks for letting us crash for the night and play with your 3 children:)

1 {leave some love}:

Mandy and Lorin said...

Great job on the pictures!! And that is hilarious about that lady in the park. You must seem like a person who is good at listening! :) I had a similar experience with an old lady at our church building telling me about her dating an old guy in our ward. It was quite a funny conversation, especially with her southern accent and attitude!