7.07.2010

[.fireworks.]


On our way home from Bear Lake we stopped at my parents for a minute to get some clothes cleaned.  As soon as I walked in the door I got a mouth full from my little sister Brooke.  Imagine these words going a million miles an hour with no breath in between.


"Hi Ken, we did fireworks last night, did you do fireworks
?  And I went to the parade today, and got my face painted, but dad painted it.  It's a butterfly, and it's pink and yellow and Tyden got his face painted, and dad painted max and ruby on his face, but it's just max and he's yellow and then tonight we are going to go to fireworks at the park, are you going to come to fireworks with us?  Mandy and Lorin and their friends and Isaac and his friends and Dad, Jake and Jenna and their friends are all going, do you want to come?  You can sit by me, do you want to sit by me?"

As you could imagine my first thoughts were of course!! Not!  But I went and asked Lance if he would want to do that, he said sure.  So we went and got ready, watched Bachelorette with Jake and Jenna, then went to Layton Park to watch the fireworks.
While we were sitting around waiting for them to start we played hacky sack and went to buy glow sticks.


Once it started Brooke sat between Lance and I.  Tyden sat behind me with Kevin.  As the fireworks were going off I heard Tyden and looked back at him; my heart seriously melted.  He was so cute watching the fireworks.  Every time he could see the stream before the firework exploded his arms got tense and he put his fists up to his face with a huge grin on his face.  As soon as they exploded his smile only got bigger and he shouted "hooray" as he was clapping.
Oh my gosh, i.love.that.kid


When the show was over Kevin took the kids home and we stayed to talk with Jake & Jenna, Isaac, Mandy & Lorin.  After about 10 minutes we realized that a groups of people nerds behind us were putting on a show.  A Harry Potter show.  One girl in the group was reading a scene from the book, and she was seriously so intense I almost believed it.  One kid had a cape.  Yes, a freaking cape.  They also had pretend swords and what not.  I almost started charging people to come watch this.  Before they were finished we got up to leave but only ended up walking a couple feet away.  When they were done performing one of Mandy & Lorin's friends started clapping.  I really don't even think they noticed we were all making fun laughing at them.  Good thing.


Well, Jake was our ride back home but he wanted to stay longer so we hitched a ride from Mandy and Lorin back to my parents house to pick up the car and finally head home for the weekend.

1 {leave some love}:

Mandy and Lorin said...

That was so much fun. I'm glad you guys came. And we even got a free show after the fireworks! Ha ha. Oh and if I knew you watched the Bachelorette I would of had you fill me in. I am ridiculed profusely for watching it at my moms. ha ha. You will have to tell me all about it tomorrow!