11.03.2010

[.Should I tell you about my morning?.]

I think I shall..
Well to start off, I had my presentation first thing this morning that started at 8:30.  So knowing I had to be there early I woke up fifteen minutes earlier than normal to get everything prepared and arrive to school early enough to set up everything.
To my surprise I actually wasn't running late and arrived sooner than expected, so I sat in my car for a minute just going over my routine for the presentation.
Let's back up just a bit.. I packed a small backpack with 41 pounds worth of dumbbells in it.
[my presentation was on obesity and I wanted the audience to feel what obesity felt like while wearing the pack]
So this pack was sitting in my front seat, along with other various items that usually occupy my passengers seat.  Because it was so heavy my car thought a person was sitting there and the "PUT YOUR SEATBELT" annoying sound kept going off.
I was about to the point of buckling in the pack right before it finally shut up!
Anyway, now we can fast forward again..
So, I'm sitting in my car listening to music getting ready to haul EVERYTHING to class.
(Actually my good friend Josie was willing to come help me but I wanted to meet her half way)
I take the keys out of the ignition and put them in their normal spot in the front pouch of my backpack.  I zip up the other pack with weights and put an elastic headband over a small box so that it would hold my lard jars.  I set everything on the passengers seat, hop out of my car to go around and grab everything off the seat.
"ARE YOU EFFIN KIDDING ME!!"
I believe those were the exact words out of my mouth as I went to open the passenger door and it was LOCKED with all my supplies for my presentation,which would be starting in precisely 12 minutes mind you!
I call up Lance, no answer..
I call him again..waiting..waiting.. ANSWER!
"Hellllooo..."
"So I locked my *** keys in the *** car with everything I need in it, in 11 minutes!  Can you please, please, puhleez help me!?"
Surprised by how calm he was he told me he was busy with work already and wouldn't be able to make it up there that fast.
So I called Angela, one of my friends who also had her presentation today, and told her to go first because I had locked my keys in the car and asked her to tell the professor as well.
She wished me luck as we hung up!
I called up Josie and met her outside to tell her what had happened!  She advised to call the police from the school to have them come open it!
Why don't I ever think of these genius ideas?
We ran inside to use the phone..
I gave them my name and where I was parked, the lady said to watch for the officer.
So I did.
We went and stood by my car wondering where the heck the officer was.  We went to look to make sure we were in the right parking lot that we had told the lady, which was lot 10.  As we got to the sign it said 9!! Oh.my.word!
We ran back into the school called again to ask if they could tell the officer lot 9!!!
I'm not even kidding you, you should have seen the look on the man's face when he heard me say that I told the lady the wrong lot number.  I hung up and told him to make fun of me all he want, he just smiled and laughed as we ran back outside across two parking lots to get back over by my far.  Finally he arrived!
His name was officer Duckworthy.
I filled out the paper work as he was asking me a few questions.  He then proceeded to tell me,
"This will be difficult to break into if it's a 2006 or 2007."
I replied back to him saying it was a 2010.
He look at me and said, "Great, which means it'll be even harder."
As he was trying to break into my car I heard him call up another officer to tell him he'd need a different tool.  The other officers arrived to bring him the wedge.  Which, instead of going through the window and unlocking the door, goes through the seal of the door and down to the floor of the car to pop the trunk.
I was seriously anticipating that pop of the trunk!
Of course I had to have been taking 2 bags of crap and a comforter to the DI so my back seat was packed full.  I hopped into the trunk, opened the seat, pushed the seat open more to move everything to one side of the car and squiggled my way through the seats to the front of the car!
Ah! Relief!
Josie and I grabbed all my things and started running to my class!  Only twenty minutes after class started!  Angela called me to see if I would be able to make it in time, I told her that we were running in, in heels and everything!
I got to class just in time to start my presentation.  My professor asked if I just wanted to wait until Friday to do it.  Hey - I already had all my things I was doing it today.  I took a few deep breaths and carried on my way.
I honestly don't really remember even doing my presentation, but I did get compliments on it.
(probably only to be nice haha)
One thing I do remember is that I felt pretty rushed so I made up a new activity to take more time.


This is my life.  Thing like this happen to me all the time.
I am so lucky.

1 {leave some love}:

Sara said...

I am sorry that happened! But things like this always seem to happen on days when the SHOULDN'T happen! Glad you were able to get in.