11.02.2010

[.pumpkins are like boys; their heads are empty, their brains are mush, and after a few days, they start to smell funny.]

Halloween came so fast this year!  I can't believe it's already November!  Things have seemed non-stop as of late but that is nothing new.  Only 5 weeks left of school!!  And  I can tell!  I have SO much homework to get done!  So do I do it or do I procrastinate it?  Well being said that I have my 3rd presentation tomorrow first thing in the morning and I am spending my time right now blogging...I'll let you decide.
This weekend was fun.
Lance and I spent it up in East Canyon with my brother Isaac, Kevin, Gpa H and Uncle Josh.
Ty and Brooke were there as well.
All the boys woke up early (as usual hunters do) to go help Ike get himself a "duhr". And that he did!
He was so happy his grin was bigger than the horns!
Good job Ike!
While they boys were out I took Ty and Brooke to the park next to the condos.
We played on the swings, monkey bars, and the big tires.








Once the boys got back we all decided to head into Park City for the rest of the night.
This trip was a little unexpected so we did some unexpected things.
like spending quite.a.bit of money
Since there were already 6 of us packed in the truck, it was even harder to jam the bags in there with us!
But it was still lots of fun.  We got some pretzel bites and went to Panda for dinner.


Sunday came along and Lance and I hurried home to start getting the house ready and food cooked for our "Halloween party".


We got home, threw the roast in the crock pot, started to let the rolls rise, cook pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, get things ready for desserts, swept, mopped, vacuumed and threw all the extra crap into the office junk room!
We finished up just in time for people to start showing up.  Jake and Jenna, Nate and Vir, and Josie came over for dinner and the Jazz game.  Jenna brought stuff to make a kitty littler cake and I had stuff to make "witches fingers" and "worm cakes".
The "witches fingers" looked more like goblin sausage fingers but still tasted the same and were fun to make.  I only caught a picture of the first three I made Josie, Jenna and I ended up with a platter full.
It was a fun way to celebrate Halloween.  I'll have to do it again next year but with further notice than 3 days before!

 this makes me a little sick
Once the game was over we watched the movie The Stepfather since it was Halloween and all.  I normally am so bad at watching scary movies but I liked this one.  Jenna on the other hand I'm not so sure liked it, you'd have to ask Jake, he's the one who ended up with some bruises;)
I'm always one to want to finish off on a good note so we put in What Happens in Vegas.
Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween!

1 {leave some love}:

Jenny said...

That cake is VERY disgusting. YUCK.

We missed you this weekend, but it looks like you had a really great time.

Now I want to go to the outlets in Park City.