10.28.2010

[.good girls are just as bad as bad girls, they just don't get caught.]

Last Friday Lance left me again for the deer hunt at Strawberry Reservoir.  That night Jenna, her mom and I met up with Tori, Myrna, Jenny and Kari at Kingsbury Hall to watch the Odyssey Dance Theater perform Thriller!

I flippin' LOVED this performance!  They did such a stunning job!  The entire time I was wishing I was just that talented and just in awe.

Jenna and I wanted a picture with one of the creepy girls.  Right after this picture was taken the girl swooped her head in my direction to snort in my face!  I'm pretty sure I screamed a little.
After the show we went to the Cheesecake Factory for Tori's birthday where we all thoroughly enjoyed stuffing our faces.


We went home afterward fully satisfied.


I woke up the next morning and packed my stuff to get ready for
I left and went to pick up Myrna so that we could ride up together.
Once we got there it was rainy.  It pretty much rained the entire time until Sunday night.
I did go with Lance a few times to go look for deer.
Since it was raining we spent most the time inside but it was still nice to just sit back and relax without even thinking about school or work.
Sunday night came along and I was getting ready to leave.  I really didn't want to go.  I was dreading the drive home and quite honestly just wanted to stay another day, but I had a test in class I couldn't miss.  So around 7:30 I left to go home.
I was telling my friend Josie that I just wanted to stay and was joking that she should just take my test for me, but that wouldn't happen!  Then she suggested that I go up and surprise Lance Tuesday day and she'd take notes for me.  So, that was my plan!


Monday comes along and I get a text from Matt and Lance!
Deer on!!! 4 point!!!

Lance called me up to tell me he shot a deer!
He was SO ecstatic!  You could hear the smile in his voice!
Once we hung up phones I realized that I would no longer be able to go up Tuesday because they would be coming home that night!
He's been working his tail off preparing all the meat for us.  Thanks to everyone to also helped him:)
Last night we started our first batch of jerky!
Let's just hope it turns out!!!

2 {leave some love}:

Sara said...

Congrats Lance on getting your deer and can I just tell ya when Tim called Derek and told us about you getting a "doe" all I could think of was the movie OPen Season, "I am half doe and half Buck....I'm a duck!"

Kristen said...

i showed my husband the picture of lance with his buck, and he got all excited and giddy again haha. you guys are brave to do your own jerky! we just let the meat plant do everything =)