10.12.2010

[.If I rub Preperation-H on you would you become less irritating and shrink?.]

Last Thursday the hubs and I went to Big 5 to get me my Adidas bag I've been wanting!  Not to mention the fact that we also looked at every other item in that store wishing we had all the money in the world!
As we were pulling out of the parking lot I saw a little place called Zeppe's.  I've never heard of it before but I saw that it said "Italian Ice", so I hurried before Lanced turned and yelled to
"GO THERE!"
"WHERE!?"
pointing.."RIGHT THERE!! ZEPPES!! THEY HAVE ITALIAN ICE!"
So, instead of turning he went straight through all 4 lanes and we went to Zeppes.
Ever since our Honeymoon (yeah, forever ago) when we went to Rita'sI've been craving Italian ice ever since!  In we went!
We both got the kiddy pina colada.  Once our cups were full we headed on over to watch Jake's basketball game.  I'm pretty sure Jenna and I talked the ENTIRE time, because it went by so fast!  But we did see a few good plays and shots!  Afterwards Lance wanted to get home so that he could start packing for the hunt!
Since Lancer is out trying to get us some meat I have been home only once.  I decided Friday morning that I would just stay up at my mom's house until Tuesday night to at least have some company while the hubby was away.  Not to mention it's also right next to my work and half the commute to school!  So Friday after work I met Jenna at the gym.  We were there for almost an hour and a half.  An hour working out and the other half relieving our frustrations to each other.  Then I decided to go get some shopping done so that I could make some homemade jam with my Gma Neilson the next day.  You heard me right!  I was domestic!  I went over to Sam's Club to get me eight pounds of strawberries!  As I went to check out the lady guessed I was making jam.  I'm not surprised!  It was EIGHT pounds!  Then shortly after headed over to wally world to get some jars and pectin!  Pulling into my mom's drive way I look for my purse so I can go inside. Yeah..not seein' it!  I was freaking out a little, or a lot because I had just realized that I left it IN THE CART, in the parking lot!  After all, it is Walmart we're talking about!  I call up the store and ask for the lost and found!  Thank goodness someone had just brought it in!  I sped back over to go get my purse!  It was there.. and it had everything in it! I must be doing something right don'cha think!?
Poor thing must feel rejected I leave it EVERYWHERE!  Luckily Lance wasn't there this time!  This time may have just caused him a heart attack!  First Evanston, then VEGAS, now Walmart!  Well, it must love me because it's still sticking by my side!  I've finally gotten to my mom's house, purse in hand, and go inside.
I turn on the lights and go downstairs to talk to Jake.  Oh wait, nope,  he was at a corn maze with Jenna.  Go back upstairs and realize my mom is at work.  So I text Kevin to see if he had Ty and Brooke and he did.  Next I text Lance,
"So babe, I come to my mom's so I'm not lonely and here I am..Lonely."
Right as I sent it off, my sweet little boonis comes up to me and hops on my lap!
What a man!  He sure knows when I need him most!
I took him back into my mom's bed, started Dear John, and went to sleep!
And since I actually had a night to go to bed early, my mom was calling me, lance was texting me, Kevin was texting me and Jake and Jenna were both calling and texting me.  Can't a girl get some sleep!? Sheesh!
Well the last two texts were from my mom.. one at 11:45 and the next at 12:53 am, telling me that she had bought two tickets.  One for me and one for her for the Rachmaninoff symphony at Abravanel Hall at 8:00.
Abravanel Hall
Apparently it didn't matter that I had other plans for Saturday night because the tickets had been bought.
Besides that, it was actually very nice to have some peace and quite while watching a chick flick!
As my mom was getting home around 7 am my alarm was going off to get my butt out of bed and to the gym!  Once I was done I went back home to make some breakfast and to get ready for work.
I actually made (I must be on a domestic streak or something!) my breakfast from scratch!  I made banana pancakes and ones that are very healthy for you!
I ended up being able to get off at 4 instead of 5 so that I would still have time to make jam.
Here's how it turned out!
.just looking at this makes my mouth water.

The recipe we used made 3 batches.  So i ended up with 12  1/2 pint jars and then 3 bigger jars because I didn't buy enough.  Looks like I'll be investing in some more here pretty soon.
Thank you Gma for teaching me!  These little jars will soon get the best of me and become my midnight snack!
Once we finished lidding the jars and cleaning up I went home to quickly shower and get ready for the symphony!  Luckily I had packed a skirt for Sunday so I could wear that to the symphony.
We hurried on our way and made it in the nick of time to get in our seats on time.
I guess you really have to have an appreciation for music to even like going to these things. I bet if Lance were to take me it would probably be because I somehow bribed him into it.  Actually knowing Lance, he'd probably take me only cause I'd want to go.  But still, he probably wouldn't enjoy it near as much as I do.  People here are very proper.  I almost felt disrespectful pulling out my phone, so I quickly put it away and enjoyed the show.
At first it was just the orchestra playing and then a 16 year old, Conrad Tao joined in on the piano.  He truly is amazing.
This wasn't from that night but it is the same kid.

I just sat there in awe the entire performance.

We weren't allowed to take pictures so I took them during intermission.
Also, one of my good friends Dereck returned home from his mission in Arizona last week!  I wasn't able to make his homecoming talk but I did get the chance to visit with him afterward.
I sure missed him.
Any girlies wanna go on a date?  I can hook you up!

1 {leave some love}:

Mandy and Lorin said...

I can totally relate to leaving your purse everywhere! When we leave the house, Lorin literally goes thru a checklist with me. Keys? Yup. Wallet? Yup. Phone? Yup. Ok lets go! While I was doing my internship my boss even started doing that with me! Ha ha. I'm glad you got some fun girl time in. And we have THE BEST italian ice place here. You guys need to come visit!! :)