10.05.2010

[.you'd think I was a college student or something.]

First off, for a quick moment, lets picture what my car looks like on a daily basis.


My car contains 2 pairs of flip flops, 1 pair of gym shoes, gym shorts, socks and a t-shirt (I really need one of these), a pair of heels, my dress pants, a different shirt to wear to work, a new pair of socks for work, my smelly paces pants, my smells paces shirt, and my greasy paces shoes (luckily these mostly stay in the trunk for the sake of the "new car smell")  my make-up bag, my hair spray, elastics, bobby pins, a comb, my phone and my ipod.  Did I forget anything?  Probably.
Oh yes I did..it also contains the very important items of things like, my purse (which all in itself is a whole different story), my backpack (which contains 4 folders, 3 books, a calculator, mints and gum, etc.), and my lunch box, because lets face it ... when would I have the time to actually go out to eat.
Also, about once a week my car will allow me to bring 3 hampers full of laundry along for a joy ride.
Anyway, by the look of things one would most likely think that I am a disgusting slob that doesn't know what cleanliness is.


Truly, the fact is.  I live out of my car.


So now, imagine what my life would be like if I was perhaps missing one of these items.
Oh yeah, you guessed it.  It starts with an H and rhymes with fell.


Well, that wasn't quite the case this morning but it was close enough.


Normally on Tuesdays and Thursdays I am up to school at the gym by 7:30 to meet Josie to get our workouts in for the day.


Well today we both had our appointments up at the school at 7:30 to get our REE taken.  REE is a test that tells you what your Resting Energy Expenditure is.  For this test you are supposed to be..well.. rested.


I didn't think it would be a big deal to get there on time since that's the normal time I'm there.


So 6:50 comes along (the normal time I leave), I'm wearing gym pants and a tank top, my hair is still damp, and I can't find my stinking t-shirt!
Frantically going through every item of clothing in our house I cannot find a dang t-shirt (which really is odd because I have a ton of them).


About ten minutes later I decide, "Fine, whatever, I'll just grab an old one out of my car!"
Gross I know, but I needed something to wear.
I run out to my car (mind you my hair is still damp and I have no shoes on) with my keys, backpack and purse in hand, ready to go once I knew there was a t-shirt in the back seat.


Scrambling through the back seat, the passenger seat and the trunk I still can't find one!
I run back inside the house and just put on a normal shirt, mad at myself because I knew I'd be uncomfortable the entire workout.
After I was now somewhat dressed (still no shoes), I ran back out to the car and left!  Maybe..just maybe I'll make it on time, if I'm quick!!
 As I'm driving I'm also digging through my purse trying to find my phone (Yes Lance, I was multi-tasking but don't worry I wasn't speeding, yet.)!  Seriously!?!?!?!  Are you kidding me!?!?  I had to flip a B to go back and get my phone.  Cause honestly, we all need them don't we?
Getting ready to turn onto our road back to our house my phone vibrates!  HA!  It was in my pocket this ENTIRE time!  Who knew!?  I flipped around again and was now on my way.
While I was sitting at the light I looked at my phone.  Oh hey, it's Josie!  Look at that, she's running late too!  And yes, we're supposed to be there (at WEBER) in 25 minutes!  Did I mention we live in BOUNTIFUL!?  Not necessarily the quickest drive!


Hurrying myself as fast as I could I try and oh-so-carefully put my shoes on to save every minute I can once I'm to the school.  Eventually I caught up to Josie and over the phone we were discussing how crazy our mornings had already been and how we had been frantically running around.


We arrived at the school 7:28, quickly parked, gathered our items and got ready to run!  As I was getting out of the car I realized I had only ONE shoe on, and not only that, it wasn't even tied!  So with one shoe on I searched the rest of my car for the other shoe.  LUCKILY it was there!
Now we were ready to run!
Trying to catch our breath, we walked into our appointment at 7:31.  The teacher then asked how our morning was.. The first thing I said to him was,
"Ask me if I'm rested?"
Needless to say, we proceeded with our test and went to start our workout shortly after.


Driving back to work after class I realized, I forgot my lunch!
Wonderful, just wonderful!  Good thing I was on my way to my mom's to change outfits (for what?  the second time already today?) because it's always good to mooch some free food.
I don't know how, but somehow..I survive.
Probably only cause I laugh at myself

1 {leave some love}:

Brandon and Alexa Leishman said...

I love it when you tell stories! I laughed the ENTIRE time. I'm sorry it was a crazy morning.. and I don't mean to laugh because i'm sure at the time it was stressful. But that was too dang funny!

I do it ALLLLL the time by the way. SERIOUSLY.