4.19.2011

[.stop competing with others and start competing with yourself.]

My last final is tomorrow.  And I am SO relieved!  The next two semesters should be good!  I'm looking forward to my internships and excited to actually do hands on, real life, classes. I have met some awesome people during these last few semesters and they keep me totally sane.  I'm so glad to have met them and I know I will stay friends with them throughout my life.  

In other news...


i love my dog and the simple joys he brings into my life :)

[with no sarcasm implied whatsoever]

----------

Well, Lance and I had talked about getting a truck for a while.  We'd go on walks and talk about it, if it was the right decision, the pros and cons, the cost, the need vs the want, etc.  You know, the important stuff, right?  So over the last few months Lance had been searching KSL day in and day out for a good deal on a truck.  Everything we found seemed kinda ridiculous.  If anyone knows my husband, you know he's picky.  He wants EXACTLY what he wants, and if it's not EXACTLY what he wants he won't consider it.  So eventually after looking for a while he said,
"Okay, maybe it doesn't have to be a 2500, a 1500 may work."
"So, a gasser instead of diesel might be okay."
"I really wanted the 4 doors, but if not, oh well, we don't have to have them."
You could just tell by his voice that he was a little bummed his "ideal" truck wasn't showing up on KSL.

Well, I knew it was the one without even looking at the picture when he was so excited and yelled at me from the other room, "Hey babe!!  Come here!  Huuurrrrrrry!!"
(as if it was going to disappear)

I got the feeling, "this is the one" before even seeing it, just by the tone in his voice.  I stopped making lunch and went into the other room to see what our next purchase would be.

As usual he calls Timmy to get a second opinion, let alone a third or fourth.

Lance ended up going to see this truck with Tim and his dad.  He made the decision before hand that he wasn't going to buy it if I hadn't seen it.  Really?  Like I have a say here!? ;)

I left work a few minutes early to go check it out.

Of course we both loved it and decided to give an offer.  The guy eventually accepted our offer, then off to the bank it was.

Here is Allis.  An '06 Chevy duramax, 2500HD, four door, long bed with a tool box.  It really is exactly what we wanted, minus a few maintenance repairs (which will be an easy fix).  We feel extremely blessed to be able to have gotten such a steal on this truck.


...now we can take our pup campin with us...

[no that is not the only reason we bought a truck:)]

And something I've enjoyed lately...
Sometimes I like to pretending like I'm on step up and dance in the kitchen with the music blasting :)

0 {leave some love}: