8.09.2011

[.Faith in God includes Faith in his timing.]

A lot has happened the last couple of weeks.
I lost my job.  At least I think?
Which also means, I lost insurance.
It's a long story, I'll skip a few details and move on.  So I called up Chad from paces asking him if there was any way possible he could work me close to full time, realizing this could be totally unrealistic.  He said he'd help me the best that he could.  I've picked up a few shifts and have been entirely grateful to even get those.
A little background...
All last semester I interned at Lifelong Fitness.  My uncle Griff's gym.  I've always wanted to work there because I respect it so much.  It's always scared me though because I didn't want to feel like a "mooch", or that I was just handed a job.  It bothers me that others might look at it and think, "oh, she just has that job because her uncle owns it" or "it was his obligation to hire her".  I can't stand that thought.  So, as much as that being exactly what I want, it's always just been a thought in my head that I've pushed to the very back of my mind.  I figured, once I get my degree I will become an independent contractor and do my own thing.
So, I ended that internship last week.  Griff had mentioned doing some assistant work for him once September came around, and I was excited to just be doing that.
Well...
Yesterday at Paces I listened to a voice mail from Griff telling me to call him back and that he wanted to talk about a few things.
When I called him back he let me know that one of the 4 trainers at Lifelong would be leaving.  Not only is she leaving, but she'll be gone in a week and wanted to know if I would like her position.
I freaked a little at that very moment.  The tears were pretty close but didn't ever show.
I've always known that everything happens for a reason and that God's timing is everything.  I know that I can plan out my life accordingly, but it won't all go exactly as planned.
I can't believe that he felt I was adequate enough to take her position.
I'm overly excited to get started.  A little overwhelmed, and somewhat nervous but mostly 
excited.  I'm only hoping that her clients will approve of me.
Usually it takes years to build up a clientele.  I will already have 18-19 clients when I start.
I'm extremely grateful to have come across this once in a lifetime opportunity, and believe I owe my Father in Heaven a huge thank you.  I feel, right now, that it would be the appropriate time to bear my testimony.




So here it goes...




My name is Kendra Fischer, and I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  Above that, I am a daughter of a living God.  I know that my living God is my Heavenly Father who knows me personally, and has a plan for me.  I know that by obedience comes direct guidance from Him through the Holy Ghost.  I know hat my Heavenly Father, my Savior Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost are the 3 that make up the Godhead, but are on in purpose, to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of a young woman who is trying to find her place while on Earth.  Me.  I  know that my Heavenly Father is perfectly aware of every component, every ingredient, and every aspect of my personal life.  My doubts, my desires, my dreams, my heartaches, my intentions, my goals , my frustrations, my hopes, my talents, my weaknesses, my strengths, and without Him I am nothing.  I know that my worth comes from being a virtuous daughter of God.  My worth is not accumulated by the things of this world.  I know that I was created in the image of God, therefore, I am remarkable, I am capable of everything, and I have endless amounts of potential to overcome what others would think to be impossible.  I know the love my Heavenly Father has for me is immeasurable in my mind, but I feel His love as I see to obey Him.  I feel His love when I ask.  I feel His love in the righteous things I choose to surround myself with.
I know that the Church of Jesus Christ is the only true church on this earth.  I know that we have the only true prophet who is ordained of God, who is counseled by God, and who is ever valiant at leading the saints.  I know that by following Thomas S. Monson as our prophet, my life will be blesses, and I will live a life pleasing to the Lord.  I know that there are prophets of old.  I know that through the power of the Holy Ghost, Joseph Smith translated the Book of Mormon.  One who was so uneducated, brought about the single most inspired and influential book known to man, because of his faith and righteous desires, because of his obedience, we have the only true church restored on this earth.  I am eternally grateful for the faith, hope and determination of a 14 year old Joseph Smith who simply, and humbly asked God what he should do.  I look to his example in my life.
I know that by reading the Book of Mormon I am gen such a strength to overcome and withhold any temptation, any obstacle, and any hardship that is placed before me.  I know that by having the spirit with me, I am capable of receiving personal revelation from my Heavenly Father.  I know I can be comforted, guided, and strengthened in a world with so much turmoil and confusion.
I know that my prayers are heard.  I am also aware and know that God's will and my will are completely offset.  I find comfort in my prayers.  I find peace and I find a Friend.  My prayers are a real form of communication with my Father in Heaven.  I tell Him everything and depend on Him for the faith to only just trust in Him and His will.  I go to Him in prayer with every situation I face.  I go to Him when my heart is filled with gratitude, or emptied from sorrow.  I go to Him to ask for strength to overcome personal battles with the adversary.  I go to Him when I just need somebody to listen.  I go to Him when I just need somebody.
I know that the Holy Ghost is my constant companion if I but choose to live a worthy life for Him to reside.  I know that through Him I can be guided as the Lord would guide me.  The Holy Ghost is my constant source of peace, joy and satisfaction.  I rely on Him with every decision, every doubt, and every potential to move forward in any direction.  I have felt the Holy Ghost so strongly in my life, and I know that I must strive to always have him with me.
I know that my redeemer lives.  I know that from His sacrifice and His willingness to carry out God's will, I can be perfected into a state worthy enough to return to my Heavenly Father.
I have been broken, whether by my own choices or the actions of others.  I have felt defeated because of the adversary.  My worth has seemed non-existent at times.  My life has been viewed as pointless, unimportant, and ordinary, but even when I feel like I'm not worth it to try, I plead with my Heavenly Father to fill those empty spaces with love, mercy, and forgiveness that is forever offered through the atonement of Jesus Christ.  He saves me.  He has saved me before when I didn't feel worth of being saved, and I know He would do it again just for me.  His arms are forever stretched forth towards me.  He loves me no matter how or what I choose to be, think, or feel.  Striving to live a life like His brings me close to Him, and not only strengthens and helps me to love myself more, but it truly allows me to love others for simply being sons and daughters of a living God.  I am not perfect.  I am perfectly flawed.  I fall short in plenty of areas.  I am capable of nothing without my Savior but in contrast, I am everything when He is involved with my life.  He is my all.  He is the ultimate example that I strive to live by.  I know this to be true, and it is my prayer that we will all strive to grow close to Him until that perfect day comes.

1 {leave some love}:

Jenny said...

Congrats on the new job. You will do fantastic!!! I have NO doubts.

Thank you for your sweet testimony. What a great way to start out my day.