10.14.2009

[.Happy Birthday Lance!]

Yesterday Lance and I were able to have the day off to be able to enjoy Lance's birthday together.  I had so many plans for him! (I don't really think I'm that creative, but yesterday I felt proud of myself:)  Anyway .. I stayed up late Monday night trying to get a couple things done and finishing up some ideas for Lance's birthday.  I went to the store and grabbed some paper, glue and Double mint gum.  I made sure to buy masculine colors like dark greens, blues and browns .. because I'm sure Lance would have otherwise loved the pink and purples ones ;).  So I cut circles out of the papers and made him 13 fortune cookies (I was going to do 21 but I couldn't come up with that many fortunes!).  I had little sayings in the fortune cookies that said things like
"You will receive many surprises today"
"You will receive 21 unexpected kisses"
"You will receive 2 gifts"
..things like that...


.I left a couple other things around the house for him to find.





 I thought that the normal wrapping paper was so original, so I tried to come up with a different way to wrap his presents.  I took some pictures of us and put them into a "pencil sketch" mode and blew them up so they were big enough to wrap presents with.  This was the main box that had 7 other gifts inside of it {all individually wrapped}.

 

 Since the first fortune said "You will receive one gift", he could only open the one box to start with and I left him anticipating what the rest were!


[He would ask almost every half hour, "can I open another fortune?"]
 



His parents took us out to lunch for our birthday's (mine is in a couple weeks so we just combined them both:).  We went to Sigfried's German Restaurant in Salt Lake.  It was delicious, we had both been craving it for a while now so it was a nice surprise!  Thank you Diet and Myrna! We love you guys!






Kevin invited family over to celebrate Lance's bit TWO-ONE and for cake and ice cream!  I'm pretty sure this might have been his favorite gift!?!

 



Well, there ya have it..  It was the first birthday that I have actually been able to do things for him that I've always wanted to.  Other years he lived away from me, so I couldn't ever do first of the morning gifts!  I may only be like this for this birthday, but who knows.. I may get creative again!
_____________________________
P.S. again :

WE BOUGHT A CAR!! FINALLY!! YAY!!




It was our first experience buying our own car together.  Everyone was so nice and willing to help with us.  Well, besides the financial guy at the end.  Go figure!  The financial one the one to satisfy the customer?  I think not, those greedy people!  But, it worked out and we were able to get exactly what we wanted!!!

4 {leave some love}:

Jenny said...

happy birthday lance!!!

kendra you are so creative. you are making the rest of us look bad.

Tori said...

Seriously Kendra, I agree with Jenny, you need to stop being such a good wife! My husband is going to start getting jealous! I can't wait to see the new car! Yay for you guys! Finally!

Myrna said...

Your Birthday looked like so much fun! Hope you had a GREAT day!
Lunch was seriously delicious. We'll have to do it again real soon!

Steven and Kari said...

What a Fabulous Wife you are!!! The car looks beautiful I am thrilled for you and Lance, it is both stressful and exciting to buy a car.