10.21.2009

[.A Hunting We Will Go.]


.This last weekend the girls were invited to go hunting with the guys.

Lance and I drove up to Strawberry after a viewing Friday night.  We pulled up and saw Russ and Margaret all bundled up sitting by the fire.  As we were in our church clothes we got out of the car to go over and talk with them for a minute, sitting there I realized how freezing cold I was standing there in a skirt!!  As cold as I was I didn't feel like waiting for Diet and Myrna to come open their trailer to change!! It was way to cold for that! So yes, I went to our trunk, pulled out my sweats, and changed!! Good thing it was dark!!  
Everyone else showed up a little bit later.

Tim and Kamie shared their new "hornet" trailer for the weekend and let Lance and I & Matt and Tori stay with them.  The first night was the perfect temperature while Matt and Tori roasted sleeping over the heat vent, and the second night we froze in the meat locker cause the heat stopped working! (which is supposedly the reason the guys didn't get up to go hunting in the morning, cause it was too cold to get out of bed.  I think the real reason is they just wait to shoot something til the last day so they can continue keep going.) Anyway, isn't that just how life always is!?!  None the less, I'm still grateful to have had a place to sleep besides our tent for this trip!  

Do you think the Fischer boys know how to be quiet?!?
..Well let's see..
Getting ready to go hunting way before the sun is up
the girls are still sleeping
boys talking much louder than needed
and
stepping on mattresses to get across to trailer
Do they realize that we are sleeping??? Probably not.
It's called consideration gentlemen:)
{We still love you though}

 .They needed a lunch time snack before going out again.





.Yes this really happened.
 
 The next night was even better.  We brought the chairs and the TV around the camp fire to watch the football games.  

What kind of life to these men live while "hunting"?
..Let's set the scene..
{Camp fires}
 {Football games} 
[out around the camp fire]
{Wake up to go hunting - not to work}

{Good food - and lots of it} 
-Thanks to the cooks-

Here was my hunting experience as Lance and I hiked up the mountain to try and find some deer.  But before we hiked up the mountain, we had to cross a dam to get to the mountain.  Can I say how excited I was!?!  Lance has boots on.. I have tennis shoes on! We're talking about walking over TWIGS here!!  Well I was very surprised, these twigs are much stronger than I thought!  They held me up to cross the water!  The hard part was kicking down the trees that were in my way with my left foot, balancing on the twigs with my right foot, hoping I don't sink into the mud and get stuck, and hoping I don't fall into that cold water!  Well, I made it across!  Then we started our hiking journey to try and find a deer (during the worst time to even see one).  Yeah, we didn't see one.  We went and sat down by the waterhole for a bit then left back to camp when it started getting windy.

Sorry Diet I left your hat down by the waterhole, I owe ya one!


.By the waterhole.

 

0 {leave some love}: