12.28.2009

[.I've got one hand in my pocket && the other one is giving the peace sign☮.]



Lets see, where to start..


How about Christmas Eve.  Lance's family started a new tradition last year that the family goes bowling on Christmas Eve.  We all had our own bowling names.  Lance was [so] Fresh and I was [so] Clean.  Lets just face it.  The first round, I sucked!  As usual, so nothing new.  Lance normally does well so we don't have to brag about him breaking 100.  But, I DID!  And I'm pretty sure it was my second time ever!  Only on my second game though..for some reason I got lucky and had somewhere around 6 or 7 spares in a row!
Thanks Myrna and Diet!








Lance goin in for the strike!
Brad and Claire were so stinkin cute!  They got so excited each time it was their turn.

Once we were finished bowling, we were all anxious to get to the house before Randy and Jenny did.  We wanted to see the looks on Brad and Claire's faces once they saw their huge presents!



As soon as they walked in, Brad walked right past the big presents...looked at a small[er] one on the other side of the tree and said, "Hey! This one is for me!".  It was pretty funny! Once we mentioned to look at the big ones they wanted to open them immediately.  All the siblings watched a "year in review" movie that Randy made, ate pizza, then exchanged gifts.
-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --  -- -- -- -- -- --

Christmas morning Lance and I got up early to go to my mom and Kevin's house to be with them for a little bit.  We got there in time to watch them open gifts and open some of our own as well.  Kevin and I made breakfast burritos after presents. 

This is when the fun began..
I started feeling sick after breakfast, I do not like migraines and obviously they don't like me back.  Lets just leave it at that.
G-ma and G-pa Neilson came over for a bit after breakfast and visited for a while.  I felt bad because all I could do was lay on the couch with a blanket while they were over.  I took some Excedrine, Zofran and Benedryl.  Only made me feel a little better, but functional enough to get on with the rest of the day.


Next stop was my G-ma and G-pa Hamblin's house.  We met Mandy, Lorin, Jonah, Jake H. and Isaac there to do our sibling gift exchange.  Mandy got a new camera for Christmas and she let me play with it for a min.  It made me jealous, but also SO excited to get one of my own one day!

Finally, last but not least, we went to my G-ma and G-pa Rose's house.  We met my dad, Tracy, Braydon and Cortnie there to do yet-again, another exchange.  Goodness - I guess that is what having a lot of family does to ya!  This year at Grandma Rose's house alot of our cousins were there!  Some that we haven't seen in probably 8 years!  It was a lot of fun to catch up with them and talk about fun times we had growing up, and all the tricks we'd play on each other!  Too bad we don't get to see eachother more often!


-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --


Saturday Lance was up early to go ice fishing with his dad and brothers.  Whoopdee!  Well, us girls went and saw New Moon.  Kamie was the only one who hadn't seen it yet, but we were all willing to go again.
{I don't mind paying money to see Jacob with his shirt off!}
The boys did have fun and caught a lot of fish.  I  heard lots of stories.. The  heater falling into the hole, ice mustaches, steam coming from the tent..  Boy stuff.  I'll stick to my shows:)
 Later that night we had an [after-Christmas] Christmas party with the Fischer, Snedeger and Abbott family.  Had some dinner and played a white elephant game.


Christmas is such a busy time of the year, but I like being able to see so many people that you don't get to normally see during the year.

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year!

1 {leave some love}:

Jenny said...

Christmas was fun. Thanks again for the bikes. My kids LOVE them. It was fun to watch them open them. They sure have some great aunts and uncles.