12.14.2009

[.Out with the old - in with the New.]

Since we've been married we've put up with our love sac and our $15 hand-me-down DI couch with a couch cover that didn't even fit the thing!  They were comfortable for about fifteen minutes, then we'd end up on the floor with a blanket and pillow.

Well.. Those days are over!


Thank you Diet, Lance, Kevin and Jake for helping get this huge thing into our apartment!  They ended up taking the back off and taking the couch into pieces to get it through the door!  The only injury was Lance's knuckles.  Thanks again so much for all the help!

Now, instead of waiting for our CSI shows to hurry and get over so we can lay comfortably in our bed, we have fallen asleep out on our couches every night and wake up around 1:oo am to get in bed!  We're very grateful that we are blessed to be able to afford something this new for being newlyweds.  I've always known that by paying our tithing blessings will come from it.  I've felt so blessed lately to be able to afford new necessities/wants when the time comes.
_______

Even though I feel blessed to have these things, I now have a sense that all I'll be doing is saving again.  Buying a car, furniture, a Wii, Christmas gifts and upcoming 2x tuition + the cost of books, I'm starting to feel a little lack of control.  Saving time for us!

{although the "splurging" has been fun, enough is enough:}

4 {leave some love}:

Brian and Kristy said...

Nice couch! Looks way comfy. Isn't it fun to spend??

Sara said...

I love your couch and chair. They are great looking!

Jenny said...

I got to hear the story about putting it in you apartment!!!!

I love your tree. It is decorated cute. I love real trees!!!

Steven and Kari said...

Isn't so fun buying new furniture? I love it! Our couches are awesome!