1.25.2011

[.the meaning of life is to give life meaning.]

Mondays are also becoming one of my busiest days of the week.  They normally consist of the usual school then work, but besides that I come home, try to make something for dinner, do homework, take some tests, run with Lance and Jenna, watch The Bachelor, then proceed to doing even more homework!

Last Friday Jenna, Lance and I went to see the Joseph Smith movie.  I've seen it before but my intent was different from this time.  My first intention was to watch the kid I went to high school with who played 14-17 year old Joseph.  This time Jake had mentioned in his letter to go see it.  So that we did - and it was a good experience.  Afterward Tim and Kamie had invited us over to watch the Jazz game.  I felt like I hadn't seen them in forever, which was true, so it was nice to spend some time there!  We ate dinner, watched the Jazz then played a couple of games.  We played Tori's favorite Hokie Six - which I have yet to find ANYWHERE on the internet.  Then we also played Farkle.  Can you believe TWO weeks in a row my husband has played games - and enjoyed them I might add.  It's been fun.

Once Saturday hit, I had to work.  Can I tell the story of how my morning started?  Yes, I may. Sssooo . . .  I wake up early to make it to work on time!  There are some brownie points right there!  I get ready to leave and Lance asks if he can have the Corolla and I take the Honda to work.  Fine by me, I'm not picky.

Since I am very visual person,
let me paint a picture..


If you are a guy, you can shake your head and roll your eyes now..
[besides you Lance!]
[I saw that]


In order to go to work I had to reverse the HONDA out of the driveway.  Since our old driveway was similarly shaped I figured it would be a sinch!
...Or so I thought...




There was only so much space I could maneuver in until I hit the wall!  So I pulled forward, readjusted and tried again.. and again.. maybe one more time.. nope?  Again, and again and again!  I decided to get back to my normal spot and call lance for some help!  No answer.. how about another time?  Nope.  I parked, walked inside and asked him to please come help me move the car.
"Babe, it's easy, just go try again."
Blah, Blah Blah
Frustrated, I said "love you" and walked out to try again!
I tried about three more times until I was really upset!
I will admit, I floored it forward once or twice because I couldn't get out!


I finally get the GRAND idea to take my keys out of the car, go MOVE the corolla into the road, take the keys out and go pull the freakin car out of the driveway (then I would go pull the corolla back into the driveway).  As I was pulling out as happy as could be that I would actually be on my way to work, I see my husband come walking out the door to help me!
...Or so I thought...
I could tell by the look on his face he was thinking, "what the H are you doing!?" haha, I give him the look back like, "Oohhh!! NOW you decide to come help me!?
(you've got to realize - we aren't thinking these things is any rude tone, more of a sarcastic tone)
I finish pulling out and get ready to go move the Honda back into the driveway.  Lance comes up to my door and asks what was going on.  I told him (very upset) that I could not get out of the driveway so I moved the car to make it easier!
(I may or may not have said those exact words)
He said, "Have you seen the bumper!?"
"Um, no.  Is it bad?"
"Yes, make sure to look at it when you get to work."
(somewhere along those lines)
So we say goodbye and I'm on my way.
I realize as I'm driving that I didn't even finish getting ready and I forgot to get onto the ramp that takes me to the freeway.  So, I end up taking ALL of main street to get to work!  Before I arrived I called Lance to see when he was going to leave.
He responded, "I don't think I'll be going anywhere today."


WWOAH!! WHAT!?  REALLY DUDE!?  DID I REALLY JUST SPEND 25 MINUTES OF MY MORNING MOVING THE FLIPPIN CAR AND YOU WON'T EVEN BE USING IT!?  YES, YOU ARE TAKING THE CAR!!


Haha, those were my thoughts.  He did end up eventually taking it..to come visit me on my break, have lunch with me, and bring me my letter from Jake.


Later that night he asked if I liked my surprise.


I told him yes.


He said, "Yeah, I thought you'd like the letter!"


"Oohhh! I thought you meant the surprise of not freaking out at me this morning!"


Just a story I thought was kind of funny.

2 {leave some love}:

Kristen said...

i love that you drew little maps =) this post made me feel better, as i found myself in a similar situation yesterday. i was in a hurry to get to school for a test, but justin's truck was parked behind my car. he told me i could do it, and after watching me struggle for what seemed like an eternity, he finally decided it would be more efficient for him just to move his truck. i'm glad i'm not the only one of "those" women drivers lol =)

Marcizzle said...

That is funny, you sure are patient. How did you make those little pictures so freakin cute? I need blogging tips.