1.09.2011

[.parties, parties, parties.]


While Mandy and Lorin were here we wanted to make a trip to the Temple as siblings.  On New Years Eve we went to the Salt Lake Temple Endowment session and it was probably the longest one I've ever been to.  There were about 250 people and it was about three hours long.  But it was still a good spiritual experience.
Jenna and I also went with Jake to do Baptisms one last time.  I was cool to have Jake be the one to baptize and confirm the both of us.


For New Years Eve we went to Powder Mountain to go snowboarding.  We went with Jake, Jenna, Kevin, Lorin,  Mike, Syd, Jess and her date.  I will spare you the pictures.  But it was pretty fun, even if it was -12 degrees.  Since Lance and I normally go snowboarding about once ever two years, he pretty much has to re-teach me how to snowboard.  He was so cute and was very patient with me.  I stopped after a while and let the boys go on a few runs by themselves.  I think next year I'm going to try some skiing.  Don't kill me Lorin :)

After boarding we came back home and got a few things ready for people to come over.  Jake and Jenna, Mike and Syd, and Jess and Kyle came over.  We ate snacks and treats, played a couple games and then watched What Happens in Vegas.



Before Jake left we threw a few good bye parties.  The first one we threw at my Grandma Hamblin's church but invited people from my mom's and Kevin's side of the family.




 

Jake was soaking up as much time as he could with Jonah!
I decided to try and make a cake for Jake's party.  It was my first fondant cake and luckily it was mostly white so it was pretty easy.
I guess it turned out alright but I could have done a lot more to at least make it taste better.  Everyone was just especially nice and told me it taste good.


Then my Dad and Tracy threw a party for my dad's side and some family friends.

I think he loves her :)
It was good to see all the love and support that Jake has from our family and friends!

1 {leave some love}:

Mandy and Lorin said...

Ahh you got some cute pictures!! Makes me teary all over again. :) Thanks for posting them!!