11.24.2011

[.gratitude turns what we have, into enough.]

This morning my heart hurt for someone.  Hurt so much that I cried.  I did not cry because I was hurt, but because they are sad, and all I want is for that person to be happy.  It made me realized how blessed I am to have those in my life that I do.  I want to let those around me know that I appreciate them.  I never truly know how to express myself in person and feel it is easier when I can write it down.
(In alphabetical order, cause I'm weird like that)


Dear Braydon,
I can't believe how grown up you are!  I remember when you were so tiny and had dark spiky hair!  I'm so proud of you and the decisions you have already made in your life!  Thank you for always giving me hugs when I come to visit.  It makes me feel important.  Love you tons little bro!


Dear Brittney,
I can't even begin to tell you how much you  mean to me.  I'm so glad we are friends.  Even when it has been months of not seeing each other, it seems like we start right where we left off.  I admire your strength, in more ways than one.  I love you and want to thank you for being in my life.


Dear Brooky aka. bubba ganoosh,
I just learned last week that baba ganoush is a food, and thought of you :]  You have grown up to be quite the little girly girl and I am proud to be your big sister.  When I was younger I always wanted a little sister to do her hair and nails and now you are almost 7 years old and will let me do just that.  Thank you for being so cute.  I love how excited you get when I come to visit I love you tons!


Dear Cortnie,
I've always wanted to be just like you.  But who wouldn't!?  You have it all.  You are absolutely gorgeous, have perfect clothes, nails, hair, skin, eyebrows, and even perfect eyelashes!  Not only that but you care about others, make people laugh, and are always fun to be around.  I never have a dull moment with you.  I am glad you have "refound" Austin to make you happy and know that you guys will be amazing parents to baby Paxton.  Thank you for being exactly who you are, don't ever change for anyone.  Love you!


Dad,
Thank you for being my dad and for always having my best interest in mind.  Anyone can be a father, but it takes someone special to be a dad.  Love you and thank you for all that you have done for me.
ps.  I will never like mushrooms because I know that they will put hair on my chest.


Diet and Myrna,
I am especially grateful that you have so lovingly accepted me into your family.  Thank you for raising your son to be the man of my dreams.  Love you guys!


Dear God,
I want to take a minute, not to ask anything from you, but to simply thank you for all I have.


Dear Isaac,
I look up to you [literally] for becoming the fine young man that you are.  You always know how to make someone feel better!  Even though you give me a hard time more than not I'm still glad you are in my family!  Love you!


Dear Jake [H],
You know how to put the U in Unique :]  Don't worry, that is not a bad thing!  I love that you can always make people laugh and feel like they are the most important person in the world.  I am grateful that you are also in my family. Love you!


Dear Jake [R],
First of all, I miss you like crazy, but know you are having the time of your life in Tonga.  Will you please send me $5000 dollars so Lance and I can come pick you up?  Much appreciated :]  Thank you so much for always noticing when I was down and needed a pick-me-up.  You definitely are one of a kind.  Thank you for being the best.  There is no other way to put it.  Love you lots!


Dear Jenna,
You are honestly amazing.  I love that you are always the first one to give someone a compliment.  I'm so grateful that you have chosen to be part of my family {Or I guess I could say I'm choosing you to be part of it}.  Thank you for being there in the blink of an eye when I need someone to vent to.  I love how we will say the exact same thing {more than once} when hanging out.  Thanks for making me want to be a better person, I love you and am glad that I can consider you a best friend.


Dear Kevin,
Thank you for taking time to answer your phone when I am lost.  I am glad you are part of my life and truly appreciate all that you have done to help make it better.  You make it easy to answer "yes" when people have asked, "do you like your step-dad?"  Love you!


Dear Lance,
Thank you for choosing to share your life with me.  I love your big caring heart and your dorky dance moves.  Thank you for accepting me as I am, even with all my flaws and downfalls.  You never let me forget how to make me feel special when I need it most.  I love you with all I have.


Mandy and Lorin,
I love that I have you guys as examples to strive to be better.  Your cute little boy will grow to be an amazing man from the parents he has.  You are both very hard working at what you do and that is obvious to those around you.  Thanks for being part of my life, love you guys!


Dear Matt and Tori,
Thank you for the fun times we have had together.  I always enjoy your new and funny ideas.  Thanks for being in my family.  Love you guys!


Dear Mom,
Thank you for raising me to be the person that I am today.  From you, I have learned hard work, dedication, discipline, selflessness, love and so many other things.  Thank you for teaching me how to love myself and about life's endeavors.  I know I am a pain at times and I appreciate all that you have done for me. I love you tons!

Randy and Jenny,
Thank you for always welcoming Lance and I and making us feel right at home.  Your house always smells of yummy food and your kids are just too cute to resist.  I hope we can be half the parents you are to your 3 little kidlets.


Dear Rudy,
Thank you for making me feel like I am the only person in the universe when I come home from a long day of school and work.  I love how excited you get to see me when you know I'm just going to walk into the door and go right to the computer to do homework.  Your cute face makes me want to stop and play your favorite tug-a-war.  Thank you for your protection during the nights when daddy is at work.  Your big warm belly makes the perfect pillow. I love you.


Dear Tim and Kamie,
Thank you for always going above and beyond as a big brother and sister.  I love being able to make memories when going on trips together.  Love you guys and your new addition!


Dear Tracy,
Thank you for taking on the task of being a mom to 2 crazy kids years ago.  You have so many talents! Thank you for loving me unconditionally, I am glad you are part of my life!


Dear Tyden,
You seriously melt my heart every time I see you.  You are so close to the spirit and I love that I can feel it when you give me a huge two hand squeeze.  You are so special to me and illuminate that feeling to those around you.








Pinned Image







1 {leave some love}:

Mandy and Lorin said...

Kendra! This is one if the sweetest things I have ever seen! Thank you for posting it. You are one of the kindest, selfless, thoughtful, sweetest people I know. I have loved having been able to spend so much time with you the past few months. I wish we could do it more!! I want you to know that I am so thankful to have you as my sister! I admire you for your ambition and how you aren't afraid to go after what you want. I admire your strength and determination to do what you know is right. You do so much for others and expect nothing in return. You are an incredible example to me! Love you!!