12.01.2011

[.you can't judge my choices without knowing my reasons.]

Today has been a crazy day.  I had just fallen asleep about midnight last night (yes that is very late for me just ask Jenna ;) when I was startled at 1:10 am when Rudy went busting to the front door to see what was going on barking like crazy.  Lance and I figured it was just from the wind.  All through the night Rudy and I were wide awake hoping our house would stay put on the ground.  I finally got out of bed around 5:45, the first thing I heard before I even got out the door was lance saying, "Don't get blown away."  I walked outside to start my car, Rudy's dog house was in a completely different spot, the bbq grill was flipped over, all 4 garbage cans were tipped upside down and leaves were flying everywhere.  Luckily I made it to work dodging tree branches along the way.  On the way home I felt like I was back on my honeymoon in our cruise ship because my car was rocking back and forth so badly!  As I sat at the street light at my exit, I prayed they would not land on me.  They were swaying at least 3 or 4 feet.  I finally made it home and the power was still out from when I left, the house was starting to get cold, and I was really dreading going to school, so I made the decision to opt out.  Right after my class had started, I received voice mails and texts galore informing me that there was too much debris and to stay sheltered.  So that I did...kinda.  Lance and I went for a drive to go down to his parents and ended up turning around the wind was so bad.  Trees were falling over, flag poles were bent in half, power lines were flying over our car, semis tipped over blocking the freeway, shingles flying past our heads, the list goes on.  I had so much homework to get done and no internet connection (or even computer power for that matter) whatsoever.  I was somewhat okay with taking the day completely off but still really wanted to get my homework done.  So I was grateful my clients wanted the day off as well so I could go down with lance to his parents, and that way I would at least have a computer, let alone internet.  Needless to say, I'm glad to be alive and have a house that is still attached to its foundation.


In other news, tomorrow is my last day of class!  Then all I have is 2 finals and I'm done.  Freaking done.


Thanksgiving was fun.  It was just me this year since Lance had to work and it was my dad's year.  So I went down a little early to help set up for about 20-30 people to come over.  It was absolutely scrumptious!


Last night, Randy took us to the Aggies basketball game!  Unfortunately they lost but it was still lots of fun.  Claire was as cute as could be cheering for her team.  Aaaannndd, Lance bought me some cinnamon roasted almonds. Mmm.  I was a happy camper.

1 {leave some love}:

Jenny said...

Randy and I sat up last night and read news stories about the davis winds...Some of the pictures were crazy. I'm glad you guys are safe and stayed home.