1.13.2010

[.Honestly.]

I have to admit.. I've been lacking in my "housewife" skills this past week.  I let the laundry pile up and I let the dishes pile up (ugh, dishes!).  Not once have I motivated myself enough to get these chores done.  Usually I like to do them so our place feels clean.  Not last week.  I actually was going to take a picture to show how bad it was, but then I thought to save myself the embarrassment.  Really though, it was .h.o.r.r.i.b.l.e.
 Lance and I spent 2 hours on Monday night taking care of the dishes.  I know, 2 hours, I told you it was bad!!  During this time he had an "inspiration" to look on KSL for portable dishwashers.  And nothing but $200 items kept popping up.  20 min later, once we finished this lame but necessary task, he looked again. . .  This is how the story goes;

Lance:  "BABE! $85, posted 18 minutes ago!!"
Me: "Freakin-A, call them right now and get the dang thing!"
[Not thinking he was actually going to call at 10:00 pm, he did..they posted 18  minutes ago, they should still be up right?!?]
(Lance:talking to Bob)
(Me: waiting anxiously trying to listen)
Lance: "I'm calling him again tomorrow to go right after work!"
Me(with prune-y fingers and 7 different hangnails from hot, hot water):  "THANK YOU!!!  Now, let's go pray hard that we get it!"
(I really don't think that pretty much begging for it was going to get me anywhere but it was worth a shot.)
Well, long story short, Jake and Lance went Tuesday to go bring it home!  What a relief!  I'm glad we were able to get it at such a great deal.  We've already used it twice, once to make sure it worked and again just last night to actually do our first load in the dishwasher!
______________________________________________


Lance told me he was going to take a nap before I got home yesterday, which I was totally okay with because we need to start scheduling in a nap time.  I came home from work yesterday and ALL THE LAUNDRY was put away.  Seriously, it must have taken him at least an hour!  I didn't want to go home to do homework, practice a primary skit, get dinner done, do laundry and try and fit watching Biggest Loser in all in one night.  So since that was so lovingly done for me I was able to hurry and get us something to eat, be done in time to practice our primary thingy-majig, go get gas so I could make it to work today, hurry home, take a few quizzes, get my reading done and finish just time time by 9:30 to watch Biggest Loser and go to bed!  Man, if it weren't for Lance I'm sure I would have been up til midnight trying to get everything done.

5 {leave some love}:

Sara said...

I hear ya on the dishwasher thing. I hate doing dishes and thought when we bought this house we would have had a dishwasher by now. Well we have a dishwasher...but it is a built in one and it is broken right now...and it was given to us (which I am grateful for) But I want one that is HOOKED up! I am happy that you were able to get one.

Myrna said...

I am so excited for you guys! I remember when we got our first dishwasher. It was also a portable one and I felt so spoiled to not have to hand wash everything anymore! It was AWESOME!

Brandon and Alexa Leishman said...

Awww, that's so cute! I can't wait until I get married one day.... I'm seriously so excited! you and lance are such a cute couple!!

Jenny said...

I hate doing dishes by hand. I used to determine what dinner to make based on how many dishes I would have to do after. Now that I have a dishwasher nothing holds me back.

What a great deal.

Brian and Kristy said...

Yay for dishwashers! And wonderful husbands. I love it when Brian surprises me with getting stuff done. Its great!