1.25.2010

[.Just some Basketball.]


We had a weekend full of basketball events!  It started off Friday night going to the Weber State game.  I bought 2 tickets for Lance and I for 22 bucks! (When I was planning on only spending $10 in the first place!)  I have a class that requires me to go to "extra-curricular" activities, and though it'd be a fun date for the two of us.  I've never been the school spirit type.  I can count on both my hands the amount of times I went to school games.  Anyway, Kevin saw a coupon in the newspaper for Weber Family nights.  Six tickets for twenty-five bucks!  What a rip off I got right?  Well Kevin thought to bring Brooke, Jake H. and Isaac and they could go to the game with us!  So once we got there I went to pick up our tickets at will-call.  I asked the lady if I could possibly get my money back because I wanted to get different seats by my family.  She looked at me like I was an idiot saying, "If you already bought tickets why are you getting different ones?"  Apparently I didn't make myself {clear} enough.  Being more specific I said, "I bought 2 tickets earlier today, now my family is doing the 6 for $25 deal, I am wondering if there is any way I can get my money back for the 2 tickets I purchased earlier so that I can sit with my family." She replied saying, well normally we can't' but I'll go through and avoid the transaction! :) Look at that!  Normally I would have just thought to myself, oh well, we bought tickets anyway, we'll just sit in the other seats.  I guess it's never a bad idea to try!
Unfortunately my little sister is a wuss!  When the wildcat came by to pass out claws she wanted one so badly but when we hopped her over the seat she fought back not wanting to go get one.  So, because I'm so mean, I told her she missed out and wouldn't be able to get one.  I guess I'm not mean enough, I gave in.  I took Brooke with me to go to the bottom of the bowl and ask some man for a claw for my little sister.  Well, here's where I really felt like an idiot (I guess that ticket lady was right).  Standing above the bald man in his purple shirt, I leaned forward to tap him and nicely asked if I could get a claw for my little sister.
He looked at me and said, "I'll give you one if you sing me the school song!"
What the heck!?!  I don't know my school song!! 

I tried to come up with something quick, and said, "I don't go here, I can't sing their song!"  He threw it right back at me, "Okay, then where do you go?
(Ugh!)
"SLCC?" (not even knowing if they have a freaking song!  Hopefully not!)
He then said back, "Sing their song!"
I need to stop digging myself into a hole!

I looked at him desperately, "Sorry! I can't do that for  ya!"
Then he really made me feel lame, "What kind of example are you to your little sister if you don't even know your school song?  Where did you go to high school?"
By this point, I just started laughing knowing I was getting absolutely no where!
"I went to Davis High"
"You have to know their song! Sing it and you got the claw"
"Well, we're out of luck then! But if you give her the claw I promise you, I will learn Weber's, SLCC's, and Davis High's school song and teach them to her, can I please have the claw?"
Good-neeessss!  I didn't know it'd be than difficult!  I should have just pretend to speak Spanish, pointing and making gestures of the claw!  After he gave us the claw, I wanted to gently pat his bald head and say thank you!  But I held back and just said thanks with a smile!
I regret even going down to get that thing because it just kept slapping me in the face the whole time with Brooke sitting next to me screaming, "GO WE-V-ER!"  We made fun of her telling her to say WeBer and asking her if her name was Vrooke?


Luckily Saturday was better than the night before!  I actually knew the people on the team that was playing and I didn't have to sing a school song!  I hate to brag, but Jake really is talented at basketball!  Or at least he's got some hops!  He jumped so high that on his way down his butt landed right in one kids face! I kinda felt bad, but it happens.  My favorite move though was when Jake stole the ball.  The other team was running towards the hoop, as they were almost there Jake stole the ball (still facing the other team's hoop) and chucked it backwards over his head towards their side of the court!  One kid from Jake's team took the ball and laid it into the hoop!  After the game Jake told me that he just has "court-awareness" and knew he was running that way.  Well whatever it was, it was a good game and fun to watch.

3 {leave some love}:

Sara said...

I am sorry about the school song but happy you got your money back! We had to learn the school song at Sky View and there were some classes that they would call on people and if you didn't know it you got your grade docked! DO I REMEMBER IT NOW? NOPE!

Noel Dangerfield said...

OMG! I just found your blog! Totally going to follow you!! :)

Its So Very Cheri said...

I just wanted to come by and give you a heads up that I have a really fun give-a-way starting Sunday. It will go all month long. Each week there will be several winners. I have lots of fun vendors participating.

Cheri