2.01.2010

[.We always end up with what we value the most.]

Since our "Friday-date-nights" usually consist of piles of laundry, we normally try and make the rest of our weekend somewhat interesting.  Lance knew that the Young Men from his old ward were going to Scofield for a snowmobiling and ice fishing trip, so (inviting ourselves) ice fishing it was.  (Please excuse me if by chance I accidentally spell fishing, fis-c-hing.  It's now habit.)  Like most other Fischer trips, we woke up way before the sun is up to make it in time for "good fishing".  We arrived around 7:00 am with a temperature of -9°F.  Hey, I was grateful it wasn't -19°!  This was only my second time ice fishing but I had better luck this time.  I actually caught 4 fish, not nothing!  My first fish was PUNY, but I didn't mind:) After I threw it back in the hole all the guys told me I should have kept it to frame it.  Uh, no thanks!  I'll let him or her live [even if their mouth is a little jacked up].  I did end up catching one of the biggest fish that day, so I was proud of myself.  Lance caught about 5-6 fish and was more satisfied than the first Strawberry trip.  I was the designated scooper and "courtesy jig-ger" for the group.  I always learn new terms when going on trips like these.  During our time there one of the Young Men leaders asked if Lance and I wanted to go for a ride on one of the snowmobiles.  I turned and looked at Lance with a huge grin on my face and instantly said, "YES!"  so we walked over to the "sleds" (I didn't know they were called sleds, I always just thought snowmobile, but whatever!), put on our goggles and off we went!  I was screaming the whole time!  Even though they were slow snowmobiles I was still afraid to get thrown off, like a skidoo!  I felt like my feet didn't ever have a good grip because of all the snow on the bottom, but I just clung myself to Lance the entire time and leaning to the left or right whenever he told me to!  I had so much fun! And it's totally okay with me if we end up getting some nice snowmobiles in the future!  I'm hoping their nice anyway because I don't want to get stuck like some of the young men did.  Lance and Matt were troopers.  They went to help one of the kids get un-stuck from the slush that was about 6-8 inches deep.  I definitely wouldn't want that to happen to me, but if it did I know I'd be lucky enough to have Lance come save me.  Thank you everyone for letting us intrude and have so much fun!
 
  
  
We were up early again on Sunday to surely make it to one of Lance's friend's farewell.  It was nice to be able to see him one last time before he head's off to the MTC on Wednesday.  Good luck Kirt, you'll be an amazing missionary!  We went for yummy desserts afterwards and back home to make it in time to teach our nursery kids!  We only ended up with two kids, so we combined with the other nursery.  I was so excited because I had missed our other kids so badly!  I was glad that I was able to play with them again!
___________________
My Grandma's birthday was on Saturday so Sunday evening the family went over to her house to wish her a happy birthday!  I always enjoy getting together with the family, no matter which side it is.  The Neilson side is so much fun, and are such genuine people.  We're all very sarcastic and love to laugh!  All of my grandparents are absolutely wonderful!  Because it was my G-ma's birthday I want her to know how special she is to me.  She is always so positive and looks at life with a great attitude.  Like I've always known, "Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be."  This quote defines my grandma's life.  I'm grateful to have her and my grandpa as great examples to me.  I hope one day that Lance and I are as happy as they are together.  I know we will be, as long as we keep our promises to each other and are truthful in all that we do.
___________________ 
Not to change the subject or anything . . . But I am SO excited for Saturday!  Lance and I are planning on going to Siegfried's for Lunch! (If you haven't been, you really should go!  It's a yummy German restaurant in Salt Lake)  AND we're going out with a few of my girlfriends to see Dear John!  I'm stoked.  I really hope it's as good as the previews look.  Thanks Lance for being a good sport to come with:) Love you!  Two GREAT things in one day and I can't wait!

1 {leave some love}:

Noel Dangerfield said...

How FUN!!! I've always wanted to try ice fishing! I will have to round up my hubby and go, it looks like you guys had a blast!