2.15.2010

[.Home Sweet Home.]

As usual when driving up to Richmond to visit Randy and Jenny, Lance and I sing and dance in the car, mainly to Yellowcard.   For some reason that is Lance's band of choice when going on "road trips".  We were so excited for Jenny's homemade Gyoza!  And man was it ever worth the wait!!

 

Lance and Randy spent Saturday morning putting up drywall in their basement while I played with Brad and Claire.  Brad kicks some major booty when playing tic-tac-toe.  I'm warning you now.. You'll lose!  It was actually kinda funny because the score was 7-1 Brad winning of course, and when I took a break from losing he played six more games by himself and  told me I won six more times so we were tied 7-7.
_____________________________________________
For Valentine's Lance and I didn't want to do any major.  We'll save that for when we have money to spend.  What matter's to us is that we were able to spend time together and just have fun.  Saturday night we went to Firehouse pizza, romantic I know, but it really is what I wanted for dinner.  Firehouse and to just be home together at least for ONE night of the week.  (We're rarely ever home I swear!)  I had been craving it for weeks and Lance had never been before so we decided to go.  We came home and he gave me my present!  I didn't really care for flowers for Valentines which was good because he got me a hair product that I had been wanting for a while!  This is probably really lame of us, but I thought it was pretty fun.  Part of the night we spent pausing and rewinding the 3 point shots of the All-Star game trying to see if we could find Jake and Kevin in their seats.  But it's a little hard when our HD TV isn't in HD!!
For his Valentines day present, I let him have Pepsi for breakfast!  Normally I try to manipulatively and deceitfully make him chocolate milk, or orange juice before he can ask for a Pepsi (because I don't think it is necessarily a breakfast item).  I figured since I was a bad wife and didn't buy anything that maybe that would count.
[Next year I'll plan better and try and do something special;]
_____________________________________________

While Jake and Kevin were in Dallas having the time of their lives living like All-Stars, they were able to take the chance to go visit where I was born and spent the first year of my life.  I was already totally jealous that they were there, but got even more jealous when Jake sent me this picture on my phone saying, "Here was your home in Texas!".

 
I don't really remember much of this house besides what I've seen on home videos but it still made me want to jump in the car and drive down there immediately.  Too bad busy lives sometimes keep us from doing spontaneous things like that!
 
.Baylor Regional Medical Center.
This was the hospital I was born in, just about a mile from the Dallas Cowboys Stadium.

Jake has a picture of him and Ronni Price that I'll put up when he gives it to me!

Hope everyone had a great Valentines Day!

2 {leave some love}:

Sara said...

Small Valentine's Day celebrations are good. Some of mine and Derek's best ones were the small ones! Glad that you had a great weekend and Jenny's food is AMAZING!

Jenny said...

Glad you guys came. I was worth waiting for...gyoza is my favorite. Sorry I got called in. I wish we could have spent more time together.