1.19.2010

[.The way you respond to life will ultimately define your own.]

I really like that quote from jmw.  I truly believe that they way you view life, either positive or negative, is really how your life will end up.  So with that being said I've tried to put a positive twist over the last couple days.  Thursday night I went with Lance to watch him play church ball at his old ward (this really wasn't something negative, but something funny).  While I was there I helped watch 3 kids Alex, Bella and Sammy, of one of the players.  They were so stinkin cute.  Alex tried racing me while I was holding his two little sisters running across the gym (the carpeted part).  Of course I let him win a couple times.  Anyway, I could tell Alex really needed to go to the bathroom while we were in the toy room.  I tried to hurry to get him to the bathroom cause I could tell it was getting bad, he was walking so fast that he pooped his pants!!  He got so embarrassed and told me how it has never happened before and to watch my step so I don't step in it!  Just his expression was so funny!  Obviously I cleaned it up, just preparing me for one day in the [later] future.
 ___________________________________________
Friday lance tweaked his back at work which put him in a lot of pain.  Saturday rolls along and he decides to go play church ball.  Going in for a shot, he tweaked it even more to the point that he needed help to stand up.  He came home and just sat in the recliner trying to find a comfortable spot, asking me to take off his shoes and get a straw for his drink.  Things like that.  Later that day we were in a play for the ward activity.  I played Mary and Lance played Lazarus.  Lance's part was to come out of the cave having come back alive.  His hurt back helped him better play the part.  Walking slow and "pretending" like he's been suffering for months.  Although we are not the play-type, I feel like we did a good job.  The best part of all was that once the play was over a couple of our old nursery kids came up to us just to say hi.  I'm surprised they even recognized us, dressed up and everything.  The smiles on their cute little faces were priceless and made our night!
___________________________________________
I was actually very excited for Monday to come along.  At first I was bummed because I thought I was going to miss the big KICK OFF at work that we've been working on for the last 3 months!  Then I was reminded that Monday was Martin Luther King day and  I didn't have school!  So I was so excited to be able to go to KICK OFF.  We had a good turn out and everything went as planned.  There was a catered lunch and everything! Mm!  I did also feel really bad leaving Monday.  Lance had to call in to work because his back was hurting so badly.  He was able to get it off and go into the Doctors office to get some supplies to make him feel better!  I left after lunch to go home and make sure Lance was alright.  I ended up watching a couple of movies while he was zonked out on the recliner!  At least it made him feel better!  The best part of this was that towards the end of the night Lance took some more prescription.  It made him so loopy.  His comments made me laugh, and he kept telling me how great and pretty I was!  He often tells me these things, but it was about every 45 seconds until it came up again.
 ___________________________________________
This morning was pretty snowy!  I had been telling myself all morning that I had to drive extra extra careful because I didn't want anything to happen in our new car.  I had driven in the snow with it before, but not up to school going through Ogden.  It gets really bad driving up through there.  Normally taking me about 15-20 minutes to get to school it took me 45 minutes to get there today.  The whole time I thought, K drive slow, it's okay to be late - better late than not even there at all.  As soon as I got to the light to turn into the school, I just saw it coming.  I had stopped at the light, looked in my rear view and saw the car behind me not slowing down at all.  Shoot.. Shoot, (Bam, BAM) SHOOOOOT!!  I got hit in the back bumper only leading me to slide forward and hit the car in front of me sandwiched between two cars.  Luckily no one got hurt, luckily we had insurance, and luckily it wasn't my fault!  There can always be positive to something, even if it is a 3 car accident!

2 {leave some love}:

Jenny said...

That sucks about your new car. I hope you are okay!! You and Lance can just be cripple buddies on your awesome "ahem" couch.

Mandy and Lorin said...

Ah it sounds like you've had quite a time lately! Hope things have gotten better in the last week. You should come with my dad to visit us Wednesday. :)