5.24.2010

[.Men and fish are alot alike...]


They both get into trouble when they open their mouths.

I was a little overwhelmed to be going on this trip.  I felt like I had so much to get done before we could even think about packing to leave so I figured I could take my time, get things done, and we could leave early Saturday morning to leave for the family reunion.  Well, as anxious as Lance has been to go camping he was adimate (I think that's the word?) that we were leaving Friday evening.  So I cram packed everything into my day to be ready to leave by 3:00 pm!  Well I didn't get done taking my test until 3, so 3:45 it was!  Still, better than Saturday morning right?  I was glad to be on our way though, I liked the feeling of having everything done early and not having to worry about it any longer, just being able to relax.  We got up there around 5:00 and reintroduced ourselves (this was only the 3rd year I've ever gone to one of Tracy's family reunions, so we forget who people are easily) as a married couple.  Actually I'm pretty sure the dogs planned out this reunion.. I think there were 8 dogs out of the 6 families that were there (one family even said they thought about bringing their 2 dogs - but left them home)!  We got there, ate our dogs for dinner then  Lance and I went fishing!  I'm mad at myself for not having my camera because I caught an 18 inch fish!!  Oh yes, I did!  I was so proud!! Then I caught a piece of bait!  Well, not really I just hooked a tiger musky, or whatever they're called, I felt really bad and let him go!  Let's just say, Ken 2-Lance 0!  The next morning we woke up and had some yummy breakfast burritos and pear crepes! Mmm!  We played horseshoes and phase 10 and I learned a TON of new card games.  I haven't ever even heard of them.. 31, cowboy, baseball, challenge, and I also learned how to play me some Texas Hold 'em, It's always looked so confusing so I've never been interested, but I watched and learned and won myself 8 bucks!  Hey-when playing with quarters, dimes and nickels it counts right?  I'm planning on savin' it to bring to Vegas;)
When Jake got there we went fishing again, what a surprise.  But this time Jake was the only one to catch anything.  Ken 2- Jake 1- Lance 0, sorry babe!  He did have a few bites though and he set up mine and Jake's poles, so I'll give him credit for that!  
 [i may have caught him a little off guard]
[lance and my uncle scott]
 We took Jake's fish back to camp, cleaned him out, wrapped him in foil and a butt load of seasonings then threw him in the fire.  Once we could smell it cookin' we took him in and ate him.  (I don't know why I'm assuming it's a him?  But we'll stick with it)  I don't normally eat fish, pretty much because I can't stand the thought of it being all slimy and swimming around (but yes I'll eat a cow!) but I took a bite.  Then I fed the rest [the rest that everyone else didn't eat] to koda (our pup).  Even though he's on a diet I justified it because at least it was healthy for him.  Sunday was nice and relaxing.  We watched Scout and played phase 10 before packing up to leave.  I really didn't want to come home, back to reality, back to work, or back to school.  But we got home, cleaned up our disaster of a house (well Lance did while I worked on lame stinkin' homework), made some cookie dough and watched another disk of LOST.  I was fine with being home for the moment:)

1 {leave some love}:

Steven and Kari said...

FUN! I love fishing, i'm totally jealous!