9.23.2010

[.you get out of life what you put into it.]

This is just me rambling, but hey, that's what a blog is for right?



I am deciding to buckle down and achieve my goals.  I will get what I want out of my life.  I have realized that I am somewhat of a perfectionist - which I believe is why I set high expectations for myself.  I set high expectations for my school work, I set high expectations for my job, I set high expectations in my church callings and on my spiritual status, I set high expectations in my relationships and last but not least I set high expectations on my physical self.  I know that there is no such thing as perfect, and that is why we are here, but I know that some areas are flexible enough where we can better our selves.  I work hard in school, I work hard to get my job done, I work on my relationship with my Lord and my spouse, I work hard to fulfill my church callings, but I do not work as hard as I could be physically.  Not only do I learn about physical fitness in my major but also about personal wellness and it's components. *physical*emotional*mental*social*spiritual*
For most of these components I feel pretty balanced.  I believe life is all about balance, and I feel the desire to balance it out even more and work on the physical component of my health.


Let's break things down a bit.


Hours in a week: 168
Hours spent sleeping: 48ish (Physical)
Hours getting ready: 7 (Mental)
Hours driving: 7 (Mental/Spiritual/Emotional)
Hours at school: 16 (Mental)
Hours at work: 30 (Definitely not physical..Social/Emotional/Mental?)
Hours at other work: 13 (Social)
Spiritual hours:
(3 at church on Sunday + 2 at YW on Wednesday + 30 min a day (prayers, scriptures, lesson planning...) [30x 7 = 210 hours / 60 min]) = 8.5 (Spiritual) + extra when going to the temple / visiting teachers, etc.
Hours doing homework/studying: 5 (Mental)
Hours with friends and family: 15 (Social/Emotional/Spiritual?)


18.5 hours left - I'm going to turn these hours into exercise (physical), definitely relaxing and hanging out with Lance.

I am getting a professional print out on Saturday to assist me in reaching my goal.  I'll be starting my 12 week program on Monday and hoping to be exercising 6 times a week.
I'll possibly take before an after pictures.
We'll see how this goes.


Today my teacher showed my class this clip from ABC News.
This thoroughly grosses me out!
 
8000 freaking calories people!!
That is my [weekly] intake in a friggin' burger!
.N.A.S.T.Y.

1 {leave some love}:

Ben and Julie Schacht said...

Kendra that video is soooo gross!