9.08.2010

[.I don't take the paths that everyone else takes, I make my own.]

Be prepared for a ton of pictures...


After being planned for months the Jackson trip finally came.
Instead of heading up Wednesday after school as planned, Lance convinced me that going up Tuesday with Tim and Kamie was the better choice.  I was pretty hesitant because I didn't want to miss another day of school.  I emailed all my teachers to let them know and to see what I'd miss.  It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, so Tuesday it was.


We jammed packed all our crap into the car and met Tim &Kamie at Diet & Myrna's.
After a long drive we arrived close to midnight.


Did we feel like setting up our tent?
Nope.
Did we set it up at all?
Nuh-uh.
Did we pack it just for fun?
Apparently.


The first day we were there it rained, stopped for a second then rained some more.
That day was spent mostly indoors.
Luckily it was a ton better the next day.
Brad and Claire asked just about everyone to take them for rides in the stroller.
I think I may have been the only one who actually liked taking them:)
Besides the pedal bikes...
...we also rode these bikes
 
The boys normally find ways to keep themselves entertained.
Randy, Tim and Lance thought it would be fun to chuck an axe at the trees.
I gave it a try and totally missed.  Big surprise.
..My husbands proud moment..


Not really, just thought I'd make him feel better about himself.  I believe this was Randy's proud moment?  Tim's?  Shoot I don't remember..


We also went down to the dock on one of our "rides".
One night Lance and Randy built a fort for the kids.
They used a ton of branches from the trees to create the walls
and two huge branches to create the doorway.
We got a little creative and "built" them a table.


Saturday we spent our time in Jackson, going through shops and watching the Bar J wranglers.  They really are so talented, I loved the show this year.


this was by far one of my favorite songs
.waiting for dinner.
.kamie & tim.
.tori & matt.


...I also loved this one as well...
 
 .uncle mike & aunt tracy.
.lex & myself.
.randy & jenny's cute family.
I just thought this was funny.  My aunt Wendy and Uncle Steve with Diet.
.their family - well most of them.
.waiting for the wranglers to start.

Before the show even started Lance was attached to him phone to keep updated on the BYU game - go figure.  Once the show started he was a little anxious because he wasn't getting service - so he had to wait for the entire show to end to see the score.  Poor baby;).  Well once it ended he immediately updated his phone to get the score.  On our way home Lance and Matt used the spotlight from the truck to try and find the wildlife at night.  We had some luck and saw a few animals.

Since the next day was Sunday we decided to relax a bit and take the drive through Yellowstone.
.up at tower falls before lunch.
The trial didn't necessarily say "no dogs" it just showed us a picture.

To us it meant - no dogs ... on a leash.
So Tim fixed that problem and picked Mollie up to carry her.
Right before lunch we saw this baby.  We were able to get pretty close.  I thought the thing looked huge but Lance had heard the ranger saying that there were other ones that would come around that were way bigger than this one.  I was amazed at how big they really are.

Basically the whole trip Kamie kept telling Tim, nope we're not gonna see a bear.  Time kept telling her he would, and apparently he was right.  One was pretty close to the road - so of course the road was packed of cars parked in the middle of the street to see what was going on.  So, what the heck, why not pull over and check it out.  We ran up to get a closer look at the bear.
We also saw bison, buffalo (are they the same thing?), deer, elk, and some sheep.
Before leaving the Yellowstone Loop we stopped by Old Faithful - no, not to see it erupt but to get some ice cream of course!
Pecan Pralines..Mm!

I'm sure I'm missing tons, but..this will have to do.
Thanks Tim and Kamie again for letting us crash in your trailer (and eat your food)- maybe next time we'll set up our tent!

1 {leave some love}:

Kam said...

We loved having you with us!! Feel free to 'crash' our trailer anytime!!