8.30.2010

[.you are the cheese to my macaroni.]

Lets just say this weekend ended with relief.

Lance and I were {relieved} to be done speaking yesterday in sacrament.
We spoke about personal spiritual preparedness, and it went better than we were both expecting.
Or maybe we were just glad to be done?
After sacrament we were asked to come meet with the bishop.
We were {relieved} to be released from nursery.
[Except I'm going to miss the kids so so much]
Then the Bishop said, well now that you're released we want to extend a new calling.
The first thing the Bishop said was, "this is a busy calling..."
I thought.. wonderful..
Then he proceeded to say, "now I know you work 2 jobs and go to school full time, would you still be okay with that?"
As I'm anticipating what words will be coming out of his mouth next I thought to myself...
Well, I probably won't say no?  Unless I have to do something on Wednesdays because I just started zumba, and I really really want to keep going."
I didn't really think that... well maybe only slightly.
And I meant it when I said, "That'll be fine".
He told me that he'd like to call me to the position of Laurel advisor.
REALLY!!??  ME?!  They are only like 2 or 3 years younger than me, how can I teach them?
Then I thought to myself again...
(yes, I really do always do this much thinking)...
This time I thought about the talk that I just gave 30 minutes ago.
In it, I mentioned that Satan creates the fear in our lives and how fearful I was to begin my calling in the nursery, but then had to remind myself, "remember who you are working for".  I had to do this again at the very moment of accepting the calling of a Laurel advisor.
Then he said, "It'll require you to be there Sunday's obviously, Saturdays for Baptisms and WEDNESDAYS for mutual, does your schedule allow you to do that?"
uh???....mmm???.... really?  Do I have to?
 "Yes, it does.  I can do that.
Well, I probably am exaggerating a bit because I am actually really excited.
I just had my mind set on Zumba:( so my thought (again) is to do it Wednesday nights with the Laurels.  Good idea?  I think so.

It'll probably only happen once though, but I can wish right?

I will definitely be missing my/our nursery kids.  They are so cute and they love me no matter what.
(Probably because I give them snacks every Sunday:)
I know that this new calling will be completely different and I'm hoping to at least make somewhat of an impact in their lives.

We'll see.

ps.  We are all packed for Jackson, I spent most of the night last night cooking and getting ready.  I can't WAIT to leave tomorrow!!

1 {leave some love}:

Ben and Julie Schacht said...

Kendra, that is so exciting! congratulations! but kinda bummed about zumba, we'll have to find a different day of every week to do...well at least something!