8.27.2010

[.I don't look up to you because you're better than me, I look up to you because you're taller than me.]

Apparently I like to stay busy.  I've always knows this about myself.  I always feel like I have to be doing something.  Even if I'm just sitting there I find myself swinging my legs, moving my feet or at least thinking of the next thing to get done on my list.

I do not usually like to talk about myself, I don't like to be portrayed as the "me monster" but I will admit that this is something I like about, me.
Always having something to do makes me feel successful and like I've accomplished something.

I was really wanting to go see Eat, Pray, Love and knew there wouldn't be a problem trying to find a girl to go with.  I really wanted to bring my mom.  So the other day I told my her that the movie started at 2:15, went over to their house and waited for her to come home.  She came running in the house frantic about trying to get things done (obviously we have something in common).  She told me she had about 15 things to finish by the end of the day.  I was kinda sad that she wouldn't want to go but then told her, "okay (ugh), that's fine(really??), we can go another time, what can I help you do(no,let's just go, please)?"  She replied by saying, lets just hurry and run to the store then try and make it on time to the theater.  I cheered up quickly, and went running up the stairs to the car.
We got there just in time for it to start.
Once it was over she told me thank you for making her go and that she really needed to see that movie.
So I was glad to help:)
Seeing this reminded me of life lessons I've learned.  It reminded me that life never stays the same.  It's always changing.  It reminded me to take "risks" in your life.  There was a line in the movie that I wanted to finish.  A girl said, "Well, what if it doesn't work?"  The only thing I wanted to say back to her was, "what if it does?"
(Yes, actually I do try and communicate with actors/actresses I know can't hear me and won't listen)
Why not take chances?  I learned about a month or so ago that a once in a life time opportunity comes along once each month, but only if we are able can we take it.  Ever since then when things come along I have thought to myself, is this a once in a lifetime opportunity?
Anyway, I would love to go travel one day the same way that Elizabeth Gilbert did, not necessarily "find myself" but to create a better me.


So instead of keeping myself busy by traveling the world (maybe one day), for right now I do other things to help keep me on my toes.


Monday night Lance and I went down to South Jordan to play on our Co Ed softball team.  It was lots of fun and I'm going to miss playing Mondays nights to be working Paces instead.  I definitely wasn't any good (Lance says I was but I don't believe him, he's only being a nice boy), but it was fun and that's all that mattered to me.
Since nothing was planned for Tuesday, Lance and I went on a walk around our neighborhood.  It ended up being longer than planned but we just kept talking so we kept walking until we were out of things to talk about, or at least until the blisters were starting to form on my feet.  We didn't get back until later and wanted to fall asleep to netflix but didn't want to watch it out in the front room.  So, we red necked it a bit.  We got our bed ready, pulled a kitchen chair into our bedroom, put it at the bottom of our bed, put our laundry basket on top of the chair, and then, you better believe it, we put our laptop on top of the laundry basket so that it was high enough to see from laying in bed.  Who needs a big screen tv for your bedroom when you have a laundry basket!?
Lance may have not been as excited to wake up the next morning as I was but I had something other than work and school to look forward to.  I tried to convince asked Jenna and my friend Julie to come to ZUMBA with me.  I didn't have to do much convincing because they both really wanted to go too.  So Wednesday after work I picked up Jenna and Julie and up to Weber State gym we went.  We actually went to the class right before zumba to get a 'butt and abs' work out in.  Believe me, I'm still feelin it!  I may or may not have cursed out loud the last ten minutes of the workout.  It's the hurts so good kinda feeling, so I really don't mind.
Surprisingly zumba met my high expectations!  I had so much fun.  I felt like I caught on quickly but there were a few moves that took a time or two get the hang of.
I cannot wait to go every week.
I'm a little sad we'll be in Jackson next Wednesday so we can't go, but, what the heck.  It's JACKSON and a vacation so I'm not too bum hurt over it.


Oh guess what!?  My first week of school is over!!  I'm actually looking forward to the homework assignments (kinda).  Weird, I know, but they are assignments that I want to do.  I finally have 4000 level classes that count [toward] my major!  Four semesters left and counting down until spring 2012 to graduate!  I'm beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel.
Sad for Lance (and a few other people who don't know it yet) he's going to have to be my guinea pig client this semester.

1 {leave some love}:

Kristen said...

I'm happy to hear that Justin and I aren't the only ones who prop our laptop up somehow at the end of our bed when we're too tired to watch a movie in the living room =)