8.08.2010

[.learn how to live your own life.]

Can I just say I'm absolutely dreading the fact that school will start in a couple weeks!?  Normally I look forward to school - but honestly I think the thought of going back into another last semester is just making me cringe.  I'm sure once I get back into it i'll be fine, but I'm absolutely loving being able to get off at noon on Fridays and not having to worry about doing homework and just have fun for the weekends.  Ugh, oh well.  I can't really complain because complaining about it won't change the fact that I'll still be going.  I do love learning and I do love the classes I'll be taking so really I just shouldn't bother complaining at all.
Well, that being said, since I was able to get off early on Friday Lance and I made appointments to go get massages for 4:00 on Friday and then go see Step Up 3 at 5:40!  We went and got 50 minute massages for only 30 bucks each.  And, at least for me, it was very nice!  Lance said instead of a massage he got a rub, but that it was still relaxing.  We'll probably go again in a while but just make sure that we request good therapists rather than ones just starting out.  So after our massages we made it just in time to go see Step Up 3.  I was pretty excited, only because I love watching the dancing and wishing that I was only that good.  I really wasn't expecting anything great but it wasn't that bad.  I just l.o.v.e.d the first one so much that I'm always hoping the next one will be just as good, but Lance liked it so that was good I guess.  On Saturday Lance went golfing with Kevin to Davis Park and I went house shopping with my mom.  While looking around at all the houses it hit me what major changes will be happening in the future.  But I do feel like things are finally starting to fall into place.  It still might be a while til things are where they are supposed to be but I know that God has a plan for everyone and He'll make it work for my family.  Once we were done looking my mom took me to Yogi Berry for some frozen yogurt.  I've said this before and I'll say it again but I love this stuff because it's like you're being naughty but you really aren't.  It seriously is my favorite!  Speaking of which,  I've lost ten pounds so far and I'm so proud that I'm almost to my goal of fifteen total.    I'm starting to think that I want to get down ten more pounds though and then maintain it from there on.  It feels so good to know that I'm eating healthy and losing weight the safe way.  I was looking at old pictures last night of when Lance and I first met and how bad I felt about myself back then compared to how I feel now.  I told Lance to come back and look at some pictures with me and showed him these same pictures.
I jokingly said to him, "look babe, we've changed roles."
He looked back and me and jokingly said, "I know, we've changed rolls, literally."
He always cracks me up and that's just one of the many reasons I heart him.

2 {leave some love}:

Mandy and Lorin said...

I'm SO glad things are falling into place. We love you guys! :)

Kristen said...

You look great Kendra! I'm so happy you've been able to reach your goals! What have you been doing for exercise, if you don't mind me asking. I have about ten pounds i would like to lose too.