8.17.2010

[.don't ever let the bad stop you from enjoying the good.]

Friday evening after work Lance and I headed up to Richmond to Randy and Jenny's house for the weekend.  As soon as we got there Brad immediately wanted us to jump on their new tramp with him and Claire.  We did flips, played crack the egg, but probably their most favorite part was rubbing their heads and feet on the tramp to be able to shock us.  Brad took me on a tour of their garden through the corn field and showed me how the bugs eat holes into the leaves of the corn, and of course we played with Mollie, how can I resist that cute face!?
Once we wasted all of our energy we had dinner, then sat around the fire pit to watch the meteor shower.  Lance saw one about every other minute.  For me?  I believe I didn't see one stinkin' thing, but I'm pretty sure my mind was playing tricks on me to make me think I was seeing things.  I got to hold yet another 5 week old baby this weekend while sitting around the fire.  He is absolutely adorable, do you think I could possibly want a baby anymore?  Well guess what folks, it's possible, but still not gonna happen.
Randy, Lance and Matt went for an adventurous ride in the golf cart up into the wilderness.  I'm pretty sure they almost killed themselves along the way, but about 45 minutes later they came cruising back into the back yard.
Just picture 3 macho men using their phones as lights to get their golf cart unstuck from the rocks.
At least that's the image in my head.
We went inside to set up our beds and set the alarms for the next morning so Matt, Lance and Diet could go golfing.  5:30 came quickly and Lance rushed up to make their tee time.  In the meanwhile, I enjoyed sleeping in and waking up to Jenny making some scrumptious banana pancakes with coconut syrup and strawberries.
My mouth is watering already.
The girls got ready for the day just in time for the boys to arrive back home.  They went right over to Todd and Melissa's house to help Todd build a dog house.
Brad wanted us to take him for a ride in the golf cart.  So he hopped in with Lance and I, Claire and Molly wanted to join as well.  We made it as far as to [not even] the top of the street before it broke down on us and we had to push it back.
While "the boys" were still pounding away at nails, "the girls" watched When in Rome before the family was heading to Chili's for dinner.
After dinner we all went to the Rodeo to get some good seats so we could watch Brad do some crazy Mutton Bustin.
For those of who you don't know, this is Mutton Bustin...




 
 I think this is the girl that won the big trophy.  I didn't video it, just found it on YouTube that was posted 3 days ago, so I think it's the right one?  Who knows..If not?  Oh well.  You get the point. 
Once the rodeo was over Lance and I went on our way home, little did we know we were gonna sit in traffic for 45 minutes.  Luckily, I slept through most that part; unfortunately, my poor husband did not.
It felt good to get into bed!

0 {leave some love}: