3.08.2011

[.We don't always get what we deserve in life; we get what we believe we deserve.]

Honestly, I loved this weekend!  After class on Friday, Lance and I went to FitLife Wellness Spa and got hour long massages.  We both came out looking so relaxed and both said they were the best massages we've both ever had.  I mean we've only had like 3 or 4 but still.  It was so nice and relaxing!  I did think this was kinda funny though when the lady was trying to relax me by just shaking my body a little bit, and I hear in the room next to me some slapping sound.  The only thing I could do was laugh because I heard my husband getting slapped around by the massage therapist.  Afterward we went home and got dressed up to go the The Charcoal Room Sky Bar for dinner.  Obviously Lance and I don't do a lot of fine dining!  It was a very quiet intimate setting where the lights were very low and soft music was playing. Besides the fact of being totally proper I felt like I had to whisper and almost felt obligated to order some wine or something because lemonade or water just seemed so "not classy".  Our plates were only about 16 inches in circumference!



It was so yummy!  Neither of us even finished our chicken because we were so entirely full!  We went back home and ended our night sleeping through watching Day and Knight.  Couldn't even tell ya how it ended I was so tired!

I honestly don't even know what we did before we had Rudy!  I feel like every extra minute is consumed running after a stolen slipper, playing tug-a-war, shoveling poop, or simpling just snuggling our new child.  I've come to the conclusion that a baby puppy is almost worst than a newborn baby.  Babies you can rock to sleep and sooth them, babies don't steal your homework and take off like a rocket towards the next room, babies poop IN their diaper so there is no guessing where to step, they don't flop around like a spaz whenever you mention the word "dinner".  BUT I have to admit, I absolutely LOVE him!  I love that he snores when he is sleeping on his bed or in our laps, I love that he runs to me saying "MOM!" (or at least that is what I picture him saying haha) the second I walk in the door, and I really do love how flippin' spastic he becomes when it is finally time to eat.  And last but not least I LOVE that he will be the best running buddy I can possibly imagine!  We found a dog park the other day and first thing we did was take Rudy.  (Ya'll better get used to hearing about him, he has become our child.  I talk about him like he's our child, think about how he's feeling during the day, and bring him with us whenever we can.  My friends and I have already  decided we're gonna have puppy dates - yes those are real;) There are some switchbacks up the mountain that lead to this trail!



We've decided once we start training for our half marathon (in like 2 weeks!! eek!) that we will have to run this trail!  It has an awesome view - especially at sunset!  Ah!  Lance and I decided that'll we'll have to go up to this trail one morning before the sun is up at watch the sunrise.  The best way to run - with a good view and lots of time to think and ponder!  The best part about running with a good view is that it becomes a very spiritual experience.  My mind just gets racing about everything and it makes the run just fly by. We also saw some cute little picnic areas that would be perfect for a  couple of couples to have a small fire (if it's legal) and watch the stars.  Can you tell I'm anxious for summer!?!  Well I am. 

One. Because it'll be warm. 

Two. Because we won't have to wait for the snow plow if we don't want to FLOOR it to get up the hill to our house. 

Three. Because I'm dying to lay out! 

And four. Just because.

Tumblr_lgzz7dizbe1qb62c4o1_500_large

i want this.  badly.

0 {leave some love}: