11.19.2012

[.do small things with great love.]

Well that was a little ironic.
I felt the need to vent for a minute.
I looked on pinterest to find a quote that had to do with what I feel the need to vent about.
Needless to say, it was the very first quote that popped up when I went under the quote category.
 
 
This is just something that has been on my mind the last little while.
Something that Lance and I will talk about frequently.
There are so many people in my life.  So many different sides of the family.  Lance's friends.  My friends.  Those we work with.
The part I've been thinking about most, is the part in the quote that says they'll make an effort to be in it.
I know those that make an effort to be a part of my life.
Those that ask questions about me and actually care about how I am doing and how my life is going.
Those that call and make plans, rather than just talk about it.
Those that actually want to make plans, rather than feeling "obligated".
Sometimes I feel like I slack to make an effort to be part of others lives.
But then I sit there and think, they aren't making an effort so why should I?
I am a people pleaser, but I realize I can't please everyone.
So at least if I try and make that effort at least once a month then I can feel better about it.
 
Reserving the space in my heart for my family: Well, I have a different family dinner every sunday, does that count? - check.
 
Reserving the space in my heart for my Heavenly Father: always room for improvement, but improving - semi check.
 
Reserving the space in my heart for my friends: working on it.
 
That being said, I do have amazing people in my life.  I don't know what I would do without them!  I've just come to realize that I know how it makes me feel when those who I feel should make an effort don't and I don't want to make those that matter to me feel that same way.
 
Venting sesh, over.
 

0 {leave some love}: