11.19.2012

[.those who are the hardest to love need it the most.]

Saturday night Lance and I went to the new Traverse Mountain outlets with Isaac and Kevin.  Afterwards we went to Cabella's and Dickey's for dinner.
 
Dickey's allows you to get free ice cream after your meal.
Once I saw that Kevin, Isaac and Lance were finished with their food I offered to go get them an ice cream cone.  Isaac and Kevin said yes.
It took me back to making ice cream cones at paces where I felt the need for the cone to look perfect.
I made the first cone.  Wahlah.
I started making the second cone and the ice cream stopped.  You could imagine how mad I was when my need for perfection was ruined with only have an ice cream cone, and not only that but little blops of ice cream on top of each other.
I started to laugh at myself (yes, I do that frequently) as I was walking back to the table with an ice cream cone and a half.  I let Kevin and Isaac choose who got which one.
Lance still needed one so I told one of the workers up front that they were out of ice cream.
 
I'm sure they weren't surprised being that they had already run out of pork, rolls, bbq sauce, and fries.  Not to mention the garbage cans were over flowing out of the top.  Isaac was a little afraid to use the bathroom, thinking they would be out of toilet paper!
 
The worker went to pour in the ice cream and I patiently waited for a couple minutes to try the ice cream machine again.
I walked back to get Lance a cone and it still wasn't working.
 
Meanwhile, a guy sitting at the table next to the machine asked if I ate all the ice cream.  He probably saw that I already made the two previous cones.
 
Once Kevin and Isaac finished their cones, Lance went back to see if it would work.
It did and he came back to the table with a nice cone.
After the fight between my stomach and my mind, my stomach won and I justified that I would be okay to put a little bit of ice cream in a cup and enjoy some myself.
I walked back, again, with my empty cup, pulled down on the trigger and nothing came out.
WHAT THE HECK!?
It must be a sign.
Can't a pregnant lady get some freakin ice cream around here!?

1 {leave some love}:

Jenny said...

lol!!!