3.21.2010

[.Sometimes, I give up. But I never give in.]

I've noticed that all I normally talk about is our weekends... I should probably start doing things in the middle of the week. But they are always so monotonous. So today I will start with Thursday!  The girls "quilting" night at the Fischer's.  Except I'm not exactly the quilter at this time in my life, so I've found a couple crafts to do and make it my "craft" night.  I saw this idea and knew it's what I wanted to do on our absolutely BLANK and BORING wall above our couches.  When making these I was pretty unsure about them, but they turned out better than I thought. Or maybe it could just be that I like that the wall isn't so blank anymore!

BEFORE

AFTER!!
And only $14!
____________________________
Friday night we went to Jake's region basketball game. Before the game even started we sat there waiting for the teams before us to stop tying! It went into double overtime, and then tied again! Thank goodness they didn't do another overtime! Because it was already 35 minutes after our game was supposed to start at 7:00! (Not to mention we were supposed to leave at 8:00 to get to our movie in time!) But Jake's game finally started and we cheered him on this whole time with his gimp ankle!  They didn't win, but it was pretty close!
We ended up leaving the game around 8:30 knowing we wouldn't' make it to see the movie in time, so we decided we'd just go see it the next day. 
Well, none of us were really tired so we decided to go to the 10:00 showing of Bounty Hunter!  My mom, Jake, Lance and I packed some snacks and off we went!  I enjoyed the show, I always love a mindless predictable comedy.  I think my mom and I were probably the loudest ones laughing during one of the scenes.  It reminded us both so much of ourselves.  Jake and Lance on the other hand may have thought it was a little slow.  But we still all had a good time.  After the show we went back to my parents house so Lance could finish watching the recorded Jazz game with Jake.  I didn't have much interest so I went back in my mom's room with Brooke to have "Girl time".  Once the game was over we went back home to enjoy our wonderful bed!
_____________________________________
We woke up Saturday planning to be really productive.  The productive way, not the fun way.  But I woke up to Lance's phone ringing off the hook three times in a row!  I thought, this must be important!  I found out it was Matt and that now we'd be going golfing rather than grocery shopping and cleaning.
Which I really didn't mind, any excuse to put off cleaning is a good excuse for me!
It's all about the form!
Glad it didn't hit the sand!
Tori and I only stayed 9 holes and went to IceBerg while the boys hit the last 9.
___________________________________
My parents invited Lance and I to go to dinner with them later in the evening.  After golfing we met at my parents and went up to Ogden to the restaurant Jasoh's.  For how expensive it was I thought it would be better than it was.  We had $50 bucks there and so did my parents so all together our meal only cost $24!  So I guess it was worth it.
Lance of course couldn't miss the BYU basketball game, so we made sure to record it.  The game was actually on at the resaurant but luckily we were sitting far enough away from the TV not to see the score.
Unfortunately BYU lost but at least the Jazz won so it wouldn't be such a bummed night.

0 {leave some love}: