3.29.2010

[.What do hippos do for fun?.]

I finished my service project for school!  Thank you Tori for lending me your class(es) for a couple hours!  Unfortunately the weather wasn't on my side but it still worked out.  Here are the 3 classes that all ran/jogged/speed walked/slow walked for the "5K" [1 mile] run before the hail came!
 
They all were so good and willing to participate!
___________________________
.here is our new toy.
Even though Lance hasn't been feeling the greatest the last few days we still put it to use for the weekend and invited my family over for a barbecue.  Brooklyn found my camera and took everyone's portrait and about 15 pictures of Dora on TV!
 
Of course we went to do laundry for the week and here is what we found!  Brooke decided that we each had our own seats so she just had to mark our territories for us haha.  Gotta love the backwards J in Jake's name.
Jake, Jenna, Lance and I went to the Bountiful Temple.  Then walked along temple grounds for a while choosing which house we'd want if we lived up there.  It's going to become a regular tradition to go for Keva's after the Tempe! I love those things of deliciousness!
 We've been wanting to do more cheap dates so Jenna had the idea to make dessert!  We all kinda helped while she made most of it, but we made Apple Crisp!
As Lance and I were pulling into the driveway from the store we received a phone call to pick up oats!  Well, we were pulling into the driveway and didn't feel like going back so we made due with what we had.  I got an idea to strain the breakfast maple and brown sugar oatmeal packets!  Hey - I thought it was clever!  And we got most of the sugar out and only used 3 packages to get a whole cup worth of oatmeal!  It still turned out mm mm good!
_____________________________________
Drum roll everyone....
 I have waited a solid 4 years for this day!!
My husband and my furry rhino had a [bonding] moment!  I told Lance that whenever I was sick I would snuggle Doc to make me feel better.. Well ladies and gentlemen, he must have been feeling sick.  But here's my proof!  Lance doesn't hate cats after all.  Only when they shed, but he's even getting to the point of holding him and realizing that he can clean it off with a lint brush later.
I'm so proud!

Another thing that always makes me feel better is the hot tub!  Well I was so excited the hot tub was up and running because it always reminds me of summer!  So even though we didn't pack a swim suit we found other ways.  Thanks mom and Jake for the hot tub attire!  I can't wait for more "hot tubbing" nights!

1 {leave some love}:

Mandy and Lorin said...

I miss you guys!! It looks like Lance is participating in Mustache March?? Lorin did, but luckily I got him to shave it off a few days early so it is gone. Yay! Ha ha Love you guys!!