4.06.2010

[.Rub some dirt on it.]

Easter weekend was spent at the SAND DUNES!  We rode down with Tim & Kamie and didn't die in the snow storm on along the way.  We ended up arriving around midnight and were ready for bed!!  Immediately we set up our bedding in Lance's parents trailer and packed ourselves in there like burritos to stay warm!
Thanks for letting us sleep in your trailer!
Here is what our weekend consisted of.
Russ and Margaret's grandchildren are adorable!  They LOVED playing in these holes!  Every time either of them got in Lance's dad would go after them with a water bucket pretending to water them like plants, they were scared out of their minds!
___________________

 
Tori learned how to ride Matt's dirt bike!  She actually did really well for her first time.. Maybe there will be a bike with some sweet riding gear in the future?
___________________
Jake also got to learn how to ride Lance's bike!  I was really surprised at how well he did!  The first time he took off he killed it, but right after that he rode around a few times and made it look so easy.
______________________________
 
 
 
My family came up Friday night and were able to go riding.  I must say I'm glad to be alive!  I should have known to never let my mom drive the wheeler with me holding on for dear life!;)
We absolutely loved being able to sit around the camp fire at nights!  Actually, the fire was pretty much going the entire time because of how freezing it was.
It was even colder when going for rides on the wheelers.  When everyone all went out at the same time Lance and I volunteered to take the scary one person "blaster".  I'm sure we looked ridiculous.  It was fun though that's all that mattered.  In the down time Kamie taught me needle point/embroidering/stitching.  I kinda felt like an old lady holding the loop but it got pretty addicting.  Maybe I found a new hobby or just something to do at work!
Ty is usually the main source of entertainment when going anywhere, luckily he found a hole or some holes!  He did something that cracked me up!  Each morning we made breakfasts out on the griddles.  Everyone would be getting their plates ready and all of a sudden you look back at Tyden and he is cracking an egg into a pot!  Um, a pot of syrup!  Kamie's homemade syrup to be exact!  I felt so bad, but I'm very glad to have a family that is laid back enough to understand Tyden and his cuteness.  Along the lines of eggs there were some chocolate eggs that were out.  The kind of eggs that have the outter shell on them.  Ty found those as well and yes he tried to crack them!  He's such a nut!  Thanks everyone for helping out with him!  And thank you everyone else for letting us stay and use your stuff:)  I can't wait for more camping trips to come!

1 {leave some love}:

Noel Dangerfield said...

That looks SO FUN!! Jeremy and I have always wanted to go to the Dunes, we've never been! You guys seem like such a fun outdoorsy couple...just my type of people! :)