7.28.2009

[.What A Week.]

All in all, this week wasn't quite as bad as I may have made it out to be. Some of it was bad but most of it was fun.

While trying to keep the kids busy Lance and I took Brooke out to get some ice cream at Paces! Jake wasn't ready yet so he stayed home with Ty and played games. Right after Lance took the picture of Brooke and I, Brooke looked at me and said, "Ken my smile is way better than yours!" And no, it wasn't just a normal tone when she said it either, she gave me attitude and all! (Like a snap-your-fingers-twice attitude!) Now what a stinker! After ice cream we went to the store then home to make cookies for Sunday's family home evening at grandma and grandpa Neilson's. What a nice way to spend our 24th! You can tell we are an "old married couple" now, babysitting on Holidays rather than celebrating!

We were invited by grandparents to have dinner on Saturday night. I think Brooke and Ty's "dinner" consisted of Cheetos. (Which by the way, I might add, Lance and I are pretty sure Tyden and Brooke have never eaten so much food in a day. We are such strict parents!! "No! You can't have chocolate until you eat ALL of your soup! You can go play on the computer after you take 107 bites! We aren't going to go feed the ducks unless your ENTIRE banana is gone!" Yes, this really is how it was EVERY SINGLE MEAL! But, it worked!) After chatting at dinner we went outside to play badminton. Wow, how lazy have I been? I played for about 4 long minutes.. and I was POOPED!

Now that I've mentioned some of the fun stuff let me tell you about Sunday!! Oh boy, was this ever so fun! Being away from home now, I don't do Brooke's hair everyday of her life. She has a dad who does it now..And you know dads? "Let's see if I can do this and make it look decent". Well, Brooke has definitely got used to her ONE HAIR DOO! And let me tell you! If you dare do it differently or even think about doing it differently, she WILL let you know! So being the rude, sister that I am, I decide to do her hair with a braid across the top and curls all over! OH NO! She flipped! Threw a temper tantrum for about oh ya know.. only 90 minutes! So did church happen? Notta. But we did have a nice Sunday school lesson with her. The lesson was, Always Tell the Truth. Kinda ironic that was the lesson for the week when she had decided to lie to me the day before! (Oh, did I mention that the day before this I fed Ty and Brooke cheese tortillas for dinner..Brooke wanted to eat outside..so I let her..and told her that once all her dinner was gone we'd do a craft..she comes prancing in the door all excited to be done with dinner and do a craft..I asked her if she fed her dinner to the horses or if she ate it all..of course she said she ate every last bit..Lance decided to go out and check if she was telling the truth or not..As he's walking to the garbage can Brooke is running towards him saying No! No! No! ..he made her come in and tell me how she threw it all away! Shortly after there came the lesson about lying and how it hurts people to lie! That's why I mentioned it ironic.)


Well there was that bad (almost two hour long) moment! Now time for the good again! Ty and Brooke begged us to go to Surf-N-Swim. Mm.. I don't think so, I wasn't feelin it that day. So I tried explaining how our hot tub is basically the same thing. Brooke agreed and decided it didn't matter.

I had promised them the whole time that we could go and feed the ducks over at the park! As I was expecting it to be the four of us, (me, Lance, Ty and Brooke) Lance ended up going golfing with one of his buddies! Which I'm perfectly fine with because I can handle just the two of them at the park.. Well on our way out the neighbors came over and wanted to play with the kids. So I gave the choice: go and play with friends tonight and do the ducks tomorrow? Or ducks tonight and friends tomorrow? Well the neighbors heard me ask that and decided that they were coming to feed the ducks too!! So it ended up being the four kids and me by myself!! Whew!! It was tiring! Making sure they were all okay, all in the same spot, and all calling my name at the same time wanting me to come help them with everything they do!! Wow, how it'll be to be a parent! Especially if daddy would be working late! But that won't be for a LONG while!

Our adventures during the week were exciting, and I'm glad that I was able to spend one on one time with my little brother and sister again. They are so much to handle but so much fun!

Wanna know something funny?


.:Brooklyn finally told me that is was okay that Lance married me and she's not mad anymore!:.

3 {leave some love}:

Kam said...

It sounds like you had a very Busy week! Your brother and sister a very cute and good for a smile. We should get together sometime soon--we miss you guys.

Lisa said...

So why were you babysitting? Did your Mom and Kevin do something fun? I wish you were closer so I could talk you into babysitting Beckham. He was so good for you. What's your secret?

Lisa said...

If you want send me your e-mail and I'll add you to our blog. My e-mail is Lnance31@gmailcom