9.21.2009

[.Okay so I lied.]

I guess my camping trips weren't over.  I thought they would be, but I guess I was wrong.



Since the months of September and October are hunting months I knew Lance was going to be gone this past weekend.  Well I went to visit my step-mom for her birthday last Sunday and she had informed Lance and I that they'd be going on a camping trip to Strawberry for the weekend.  Well what a coincidence?  That is exactly where Lance goes hunting over the weekends.  I decided that I would go with them since I would have just been home by myself anyways. (Except I did miss a planned massage ... But eh, it'll come around again!)  Lance stayed with my family but went over with his dad and their friends some of the time too.  Jake, Lance and I went over Friday night to say hi to Lance's family, Bill, Russ and Margaret.  We listened to stories about Myrna trying to scare the cows away!  I couldn't stop laughing picturing her in my head yelling "YAH" to the cows!!  Russ made some DELICIOUS cheesecake!! Once it was all gone we headed back over to camp.  Lance woke up at 4:00 am on Saturday morning and 6:00 am on Sunday morning to head out for the hunt!  To his disappointment, he came back elk-less.  Better luck next time love!




For the rest of the weekend we spent time with my Dad's side of the family and Tracy's friends.  We don't get to see them very often so when we get to the chance, we'll take it.  Unfortunately I didn't get pictures of everyone that was there.  I guess we'll just all have to get together again another time.


On Saturday, Lance, Jake and I went to go chop some firewood for a fire later that night!  Lance would use the chainsaw to cut the trees, Jake would throw the pieces down to the road and I would put all of the pieces into one pile to load them in the truck! What team work!  Once we got to Lance's families camp Jake and Lance split the wood.  Oh my!!  Let me tell you what a show that was!!  Lance is used to splitting fire wood cause he has done it all his life, Jake on the other hand, now that's a different story.  I almost peed my pants rolling on the ground watching Jake try to split all of this wood!!  He'd use all of his strength (I'm laughing right now just thinking of it) to slam the maul (which is sorta like an ax) into the wood, and it would just get stuck! Not even go through the wood after about 5 time of slamming it.. just got stuck! He'd get so mad and take the maul with the wood on it slam it down again.  Once again, just got stuck!!  Lance went through about 5 or 6 pieces in the time Jake got one to split!  Oh man, okay I think I'm done laughing now!



.My Grandma and Grandpa Rose and my Uncle Kris.
.Just talking with Lance, Jake, Dad, Tracy, G-ma, G-pa, Kris and Melissa.



 .Jake with the CUTEST dog EVER.
I swear I'm going to take him away!  His name is Mr. P, he's a pit bull and the calmest 4 month old pup you'll ever meet!!  No the "P" does not stand for pit bull, it's his nickname standing for exactly what he does (Potties everywhere!!)  The first night I met Mr. P I was standing by the fire and knelt down to pet him.  He crawled up on my legs and sat there for about 5 min with his paws up over my lap!  Oh, I fell in love (Sorry babe:)!






Well I got a little jealous because the next night sitting around the fire Mr. P fell asleep on Jake's lap for aboutg an hour an a half!! I couldn't help myself from going over and just rubbing his fuzzy soft head!  I know I know, I seem a little obsessed .. But he was to die for!  Him and his sister Cleo, who was an older Boxer dog, I tried getting a pic of her but never had my camera at the time.  When we left I went into their trailor to say bye, it took me a good 5 min to actually get up and leave them!
(Scott and Robin, if you're missing a dog I don't know where he went! Sorry Devon, Wyatt and Josie!)



.Joe.Carlee.Lance.Diet.


Lance's dad came to visit my dad's family and Tracy's friends as well.  All standing around the fire having conversations mainly about hunting and cars.  Now doesn't that sound like a bunch of men!?!
At least Angel and her friend were there to give me some good girl talk!


I think I roasted approximately 8 marshmallows, made approximately 6 smores, and burned my face off in approximately 13 minutes!
[At least it made everyone happy!]






.Jake.Me.Lance.Braydon.

(Most the siblings .. Missing Cort)

The best part of all ... It didn't cost money, and we didn't have to pack our TENT GEAR!!!
Whoo Whoo!!

The worst part of all ... I have yet another test right after a camping trip!

 I better do good on 2nd test tomorrow!



2 {leave some love}:

Steven and Kari said...

I LOVE IT!!! You always have the cutest posts!!! btw I fell in love just looking at Mr. P.

Jenny said...

I think I am a little puppy hungry.

I love strawberry. Randy and I have not been there yet this year. I am jealous.