9.23.2009

[.We're in for it.]

I came home from my test yesterday to find the house completely clean!!  It needed it for sure! What a great husband I have that likes to have things nice and tidy!  Dishes done, swept, vacuumed, everything in it's place .. He even had the windows open so there was a nice breeze to have the house smelling clean and fresh.  We sat down to get some homework done.
Lo and behold, I knew there had to have been a reason he had just decided to clean.  I saw people coming down the stairs to our front door.  How ironic that we never have our door blinds up, but the one time that our church leaders come over our blinds are open so they can see us sitting there on the floor with our laptops out and books everywhere.  Luckily it was all our school supplies laying around rather than our dirty camping clothes and dirty dishes!


Besides that fact, the point is that the church leaders came over to give us a calling!
Lance and I were called to serve in the nursery.  Lance was okay with it until he realized that kids starting in the nursery are 18 months old!!


Well we are excited for our first calling [together] and know we'll have many a.d.v.e.n.t.u.r.e.s in our future.

3 {leave some love}:

Jenny said...

Imagine 20 little Claire's running around. :)

I would LOVE to have a calling with Randy. We never get to see each other during church. I think Nursery would be fun. It is all about attitude and what you are willing to put in.

Anonymous said...

You two will be GREAT! Nursey is one of my FAVORITE callings. Just remember to enjoy the children and not take things too seriously.

Anonymous said...

The table makes a great slide. Just put the legs down on one side, the kids love it. This has been tested in nursery before.