12.20.2010

[.Dear Santa, they made me do it. I swear.]

Been pretty busy around here lately, but what's new!?  We woke up Saturday morning to go to the Hamblin breakfast Christmas party that started at 9:00am.  I tried to wake Lance up in time for us to leave, but we all know how men are;)  He went out to shovel our walking pathway to the car, and we were on our way.  It was SO icy!  Basically, we probably could have ran there faster.  We got to Kevin's house, I did Brooky's hair then hurried to the church.  We ate yummy food and hurried off to have some family pictures taken.


Pics to be posted soon:]


Pictures went pretty well for the most part.  Ty was a little difficult, but other than that I'm hoping we got some good ones!  Once pictures were finished, we went to arby's for lunch then the boys went home (except Jake) to watch the football game while the girls went to finish some last minute Christmas shopping.  We ended up getting back home around 4:30.  I was pretty much pooped, and my feet were killing me!  Why would I go shopping in heels!?  I made some grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup for everyone for dinner ( I go all out, I know!) then all I wanted to do was sit down and relax.  Brooke was pretending to be completely exhausted and went to lay on Lance's lap.  As soon as I mentioned the words, "Brooke, want to make the gingerbread house with me?" she hopped right up and all a sudden had all the energy in the world, yelling, "Yeah, yeah, YEAH".
After about 45 minutes, here is our almost finished product!  We added ice cycles hanging from the roof afterwards.


It was my idea to make a snowman with the remaining fondant, it was Brooke's idea to give him a beanie!  It looks more like a painters hat to me.
haha
It was our ward Christmas program in Sacrament meeting on Sunday.  I swear our new ward reminds me so much of my Fruit Heights ward.  Normally I'm used to all the primary children singing for the program, but this time it was all the adults.  They have at least 50 people in the choir!  Is that crazy or what!?  This sacrament ended up lasting a whole hour and a half!  It got a little exhausting, but I really did enjoy it!  A certain reason I am reminded of the Fruit Heights ward is because, not only is the ward choir ginormous, but they have the organist involved, two piano players, and a violinist.  All they needed was the flute and it would have been complete.  I haven't really felt to "Christmas-y" yet this year, so that program was a good jump start to get me in the spirit.  After church, we went to take our friends Doug and Brit their Christmas present.  On our way out the door I ran into our new friend.  This is Scout, the pup that belongs to the people living above us.  Like children, it's nice when you can play with them when they are cute, then you can give them back to the parents when they cry or poop.  He sits by our door to say hi when we come home, and I think he is cute!  So, for  now I've decided, who needs a new pup to buy and care for, when I can just play with one for free!?
It sorta looks like I'm holding him down, but I promise I'm just petting him:]

0 {leave some love}: