12.27.2010

[.test tube baby.]

Tuesday night we went over to Doug and Britt's house to have a Christmas party with a couple friends.  Andy and Jill were there and another couple Scott and Rachel.  Remember my Brownie Batter Cupcakes I was planning to make?  The really pretty ones that sounded oh so yummy?  Well... uh, mine didn't look like that.  More like cow pies with a big scoop taken out of the middle.  Why do I have this sorta luck!?  Well, I felt bad but I still brought them.  And they actually tasted quite yummy.  Lance laughed at me and joked that I thought the second round would be better.  Nope, exactly the same.  Hmph...  Anyway, I seriously had not laughed so hard in a while.  We switched white elephant gifts, watched Tosh.O then spent most of the night playing Catch Phrase.  Guess what everyone!?  I think I found a game the hubby enjoys!!  He actually said, and I will quote it, "I like this game!"  My jaw seriously dropped!  I looked at him and asked him to please say it again.  My favorite part of this whole game was when it was Doug's turn to explain his phrase.  He tried explaining it throughout the entire time until the buzzer went off.  The second the buzzer went off Doug jokingly yelled out, "Lance is one!!!"  So I took a wild guess and shouted, "TEST TUBE BABY!!!!"  He looked at me like no way and showed me the phrase which read test tube baby.  Just to top it off, his wife Brit looked at me so seriously and said, "LANCE IS ONE!?!?!?"
hahahahaha
It was so cute and funny.  Believe me there were many many more times like this during the night.
By the way, if you are sitting next to Lance then his team is SURE to get the point!  He looks at the word and sighs, like "WTH does that mean!?" then tries to explain in one sentence, and if you don't get it within that one sentence he looks at you like you're an idiot, but in a loving way of course:]
Next time, we won't need a holiday to have a party.  We'll make it a ritual!



1 {leave some love}:

Marcizzle said...

That's sounds like fun. It's like pulling teeth to get my hubby to play games that don't involve the computer or technology.

So is your husband a test tube baby?