12.13.2010

[.one box at a time.]

Yay!  We have finally finished unpacking every.single.box!  And let me tell you, there were a TON of boxes!  Who would have known we could have gained so much crap over the past year and a half.


Lance took about an entire truck load over to the new apartment everyday starting Monday until the Friday we moved in.  On that Friday, Kevin brought his truck, Tim brought his truck and so did Diet.  Luckily Friday we only had to make one round with all the trucks we had.  Total we took about 9 truck loads worth of who-knows-what!  Thank you so much everyone for your help in moving our junk:]


Now for the fun part.  Here is a little tour of our humble new abode.


Pretty much the best part of this entire basement apartment!  Lets give these babies a round a applause!
Lance and I bought our first washer and dryer!  As soon as we knew this place had hookups we had to take it!
We spent the best $160.00 of the year on these things!  And it's been worth the whole 15 loads ever since!  With many more to come!
My favorite part of this whole room!?  It IS it's own separate room!  So we can shut the door and not worry about it!
Next up!
Our kitchen!!  Take a gander!
I seriously love it!  It just makes me want to cook!
I've made dinner 3 times this week, and that is a record!
(that may have to do with the fact that school is out, but still.)
There is a downer here.  This kitchen only has ONE drawer!  For our utensils pretty much, so for our previous apartment we bought an "island" and now it is currently being used as some storage.
The kitchen is also it's own separate room so I'm not nearly as noisy while Lance is watching his sports in the family room.  Which is here...
I love how spacious it is.  Bare with me, I know the walls are still somewhat empty but I'll get there!  I won't know what to do with this next corner once Christmas is over, but for now I quite like it!
I just had to set the mood.  I love sitting next to our fireplace heater with all the lights off except the tree and finishing it off with a mug of hot chocolate!
Behind the couch is my favorite wall so far.  It's huge and I'm glad that we had enough pictures to cover up the emptiness.
To the right side of this wall is our bathroom.  Probably my least favorite and Lance's favorite.  You'll see why in just a second.  I love how well it matches;)
What I say is Navy blue and what Lance says is black tile, with green rugs, tan and brown towels with a black and gray shower curtain.  Oh not to mention the red and blue wallpaper.  Which will be torn off and painted sometime in the future.
(See, the tiles ARE in fact blue, why else would they have put blue wallpaper?)
I am somewhat saddened I don't have as much counter space as I used to, but at least I have a tub?!
Now, here you have it.
This would be his throne.  He takes great pride knowing that this urinal resides in the bathroom.
Too bad he can't have this...
Maybe he'd actually wash his hands;)
[i'm only kidding]
Moving right along, across from the bathroom is one of our four storage spaces.
Heaven forbid we don't have storage with everything we have accumulated thus far.  I don't even want to know what it will be like 3 kids later!
We were fortunate enough to have been given the two white shelves for storage.  We have boughten three since, which are now jam packed full.  Next to the bathroom is our "office" or second bedroom that I'm trying to convince Jenna to move in to!
We are planning to buy two bookshelves to put in here.  I don't own many books, but I do have three boxes full that need a new home.  At the very end of this room there is a closet that is used for another storage space.
In this same room there is another closet under the stairs.  It fits our bikes and other junk perfectly!
The only reason we call this room the office is because it is where we would normally study.
Although we have never in fact actually sat down at the desk to do homework.
(don't mind the cable hanging from the side of the wall, we are planning to get some sort of cover for it)
I let Lance have his moment of fame and made this little set up for him.  A few years ago I made him a build-a-bear that makes the grand slam sound.  I also made him a tile a while back that says, "Life will always throw you curves, just keep fouling them off, the right pitch will come, but when it does, be prepared to run the bases."  Above that I hung his high school picture of him pitching.
Maybe a little cheesy, but I like it.
Last but not least, at the back of the apartment is our bedroom, still a little bare.  Except we did have the help of our awesome friends Doug and Britt to inspire a certain hanging.  Which I am quite happy with :)
We do make our bed on occasion except last night I wasn't even an ounce tired so yes, Lance is in the bed under the covers as I took this picture.
haha
It doesn't have windows, which makes me a little sad because even in the winter I love sleeping with the windows open.  But it does have a fan!  Except I do have quite the girl of a husband who always needs our heater sitting right next to him.  But I sure to love him, even if I am blasted hot.
Wanna see something else we both love!?
Our walk-in closet!  Look at this!!


HIS SIDE
 HER SIDE
Along with his side comes a hat rack:)
And behind my side of the closet, that you can't see, is a whole other stand up storage space.  Needless to say, we are loving it!


We will truly miss our old landlords and their cute little family.  The ward was awesome and we're only hoping our new one is just as good!

1 {leave some love}:

Simi B. Cazeau said...

That's a big ace basement apartment. Congrats on the move its always fun to start new.