12.07.2010

[.In life you have to do what you feel is right. Do it for yourself.]

So, obviously it's been a while!  But I will surely update on everything that has happened.  I'll start with Thanksgiving.
Lance and I were at his parent's this year.
[speaking of which, we are going to have to figure out something with this.  It's going to be hard to switch off between Lance's side, my mom's side, my dad's side, my step-dad's side...who in the world knows!?]
Wednesday night I was preparing myself to make another pie.  Since my last pie was such a mess, I felt the need to redeem myself.  I asked my Gma Neilson for an apple pie recipe.  She always knows all the secrets.  She gave me one that was called "apple pie in a bag".
Okay grandma, it's my first pie I'm sure I'll barely be able to make it, let alone in a bag!  Well, that was the first thought running through my mind.  My next shift at Paces, I grabbed a couple of big brown bags to help with this process.  Yes I needed a couple, what if one got burnt?!  Anyway,  I followed the recipe, made the pie and put that baby in the oven.  Once it was finished, I set it out in the garage to cool.
You aren't supposed to take the pie out of the bag until you serve it.  Let me just say, the anticipation of my first (good) pie and not being able to see if it turned out was killing me!

We slept over that night and got our "beds" ready on the couches.  We woke up Thanksgiving morning and lounged around until it was time to get ready.  We set the table then patiently waited for the rest of the family to show up.  In the mean time, I had to open my bag to see how the pie turned out.
Well, there ya have it folks!  Not to shabby eh!?  For a first second timer!?
Jenny made a pie as well, pumpkin, Mmm.
Tori made a yummy banana cheesecake!  It pretty much looked store bought!
I'm kinda getting somewhat ahead of myself, because dinner obviously comes before dessert.  Sometimes I just can't help myself!  So here is everyone at dinner.
(Thanks for the pics Jen)




Can't forget about the pepsi!
Afterwards we all sat around and looked through the ads to look at the black Friday deals.  What would visiting be without some good ole' "pile dog"? 
Yes, she would be faking dead!
haha

Sometimes I think Claire has her favorite uncles, this time I think it may have been Lance, she wanted to be by him constantly.  It was very cute.

The family tradition of picking Christmas tree's happened the Saturday after Thanksgiving, along with the BYU vs. Utah football game, and the neighborhood Christmas party.
It was cold!
Instead of hiking up the mountain to find our tree this year, we went on the other side of the road and slid down the hill to find one.  This year we had a good pick!  I must add that we picked our tree much quicker than last year!  And we love it!  When we found the tree we wanted Matt brought us the chain saw and Lance chopped that baby down!  Rather than just pulling the tree down the mountain as usual, we had to hike it up the hill.  Lets just say, lifting had definitely been paying off.  I've gotta brag a little only because I felt like my hard work was put to good use.  Once the tree was cut down Lance and I tried to pull the tree up the hill.  Our strategy wasn't working so instead we implemented our mad "team work" skills.  While the tree was at the bottom of the hill, Lance grabbed a hold of the trunk of the tree, I grabbed onto his hand and PULLED HIM AND THE TREE UP THE HILL ALL BY MYSELF let him grab onto me to pull himself up.  Guess what!?  I didn't even slide back down the hill:)


All the trees in the truck ready to go!

After we had found our tree we went back to Lance's parents for the BYU vs Utah football game.
Myrna and I went to Dollar Tree to get a couple gifts for the neighborhood party later that night.  A Santa came to the party and everyone sat on his lap to tell what they would like for Christmas.  I asked for a new house and Lance asked for a new Chevy!
(don't worry, we really aren't that picky!)
Matt snapped a picture for facebook of course!  He made the comment "Dad has been a gOOd boy this year!"
Except you've got to know the Fischer's tone of voice when saying stuff like this.
Next up, hopefully you'll get to see our new apartment:)

p.s. my last two finals were today!!! Boo ya!!

here is a funny

i also found a cool blog, wouldn't this be sweet

0 {leave some love}: